Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Privilege ( Jet Airways India) AWARD redemption always difficult to make

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Privilege ( Jet Airways India) AWARD redemption always difficult to make

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hyho61
In general I found redemption to be very difficult in AI and 9W. Cannot comment about other Indian carriers. Also I found most non-US carriers still have a difficult time in giving "free" award seats since it is not in their mentality.
redemption on 9w can sometimes be a problem but i have found redemption on ai to be the easiest....if they have a seat available then you get it....they don't seem to block certain number of seats for redemption....i have often booked award tickets on ai with just one days notice....a couple of months ago i did so on the same day of travel....

the only problem with ai is that you have to either call or go to their office to get this done....
Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by hyho61
I wish someone in India would emulate Southwest - the world's best frequent flyer program.
Are you aware that rapid reward credits expire in 1 year regardless of activity? That is the only reason I have not earned anything in them.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Moscow to Havana would be a cool redemption at 15k.

Any others? I feel the 5k o/w between most European destinations is also quite decent.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:22 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lallyr
Moscow to Havana would be a cool redemption at 15k.

Any others? I feel the 5k o/w between most European destinations is also quite decent.
Yeah, would be good but the only ones offering flights to HAV are Virgin Atlantic & Air France - from Jet's partner network.. so not too sure how the Moscow - Havana bit would work out..Any ideas anyone..??
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:06 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by quarryking
Yes, found the mentioned routing using the 9W site calculator. I've been checking the fees/ surcharges on the respective partner airline's site directly. Figured that should give me some approximate idea on what the fees & surcharges are bound to be like.
hmmm.. i need to do some homework here.. read here that OW in Europe for 5k miles and I guess its great unless they start charging surcharge and fees like LH,OS etc
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
hmmm.. i need to do some homework here.. read here that OW in Europe for 5k miles and I guess its great unless they start charging surcharge and fees like LH,OS etc
Yep they do that. So a o/w costs you around $200 in taxes still. Thats Europe for you though!

Last time it worked out the same for me to buy a r/t paid flight then a award flight.

Only benefit is that you can ticket as o/w as most airlines is Europe charge silly rates for o/w flights or same day returns.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:54 am

silly rates for o/w flights or same day returns.
Am going OT a bit, but check the below example to clearly illustrate wht u meant..its tragically funny..
PRG - VIE - PRG -- flight duration -- abt 40 mins max.. OS charges abt Eur 275 -450 depending on dates !!
PRG-VIE-DEL-VIE-PRG -- flt duration - abt 8 hrs in all.. OS charges abt Eur 500 - 600 depending on dates..
PRG-VIE OW --550 Euros !!!

This is more prevalent in Eur I think.. since for SE Asia and others, folks seem to get decent prices many times even for OW.. BUT never in Europe for full service airlines
Old Aug 14, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SPG Ambassador
Yeah - 9W suck for redemption.

Even more so after their sneeky little round of mileage-inflation, last year.

I'm a 9W Gold with a huge amount of miles.

I fly between Tier 1 cities on company business, so not interested on redeeming on Trunk Routes...

Most of the non Trunk routes have little or no availability in redemption class. IT aren't much better either.

I give up on Indian airlines; not even Lounge access is worthwhile, what with the inedible food offerings and lack of seating. I'm seriously contemplating rinsing IT/9W status, and just crediting my miles to a non-alliance partner.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by dogtanian
Yeah - 9W suck for redemption.

Even more so after their sneeky little round of mileage-inflation, last year.

I'm a 9W Gold with a huge amount of miles.

I fly between Tier 1 cities on company business, so not interested on redeeming on Trunk Routes...

Most of the non Trunk routes have little or no availability in redemption class. IT aren't much better either.

I give up on Indian airlines; not even Lounge access is worthwhile, what with the inedible food offerings and lack of seating. I'm seriously contemplating rinsing IT/9W status, and just crediting my miles to a non-alliance partner.
jet used to be pretty good with redemptions....don't know what happened....kingfisher is definitely better in this regard....i have yet to come across a problem redeeming miles with them....
Old Aug 15, 2010, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by dogtanian
Just curious, which FFP then r u planning to migrate to...
Old Sep 10, 2010, 1:42 am

Programs: 9W Silver
How do I check?

Hey guys, my first post on flyertalk

Anyway, I've submitted a request for an upgrade to J about two months ago.
I'm flying 9W 120 on 15th of September. I actually got a call from JP asking me if I wanted to be taken off the waiting list :S is there anyway I can check how many seats are flying out empty as of now? I checked flight availability on flightstats.com but I can't seem to figure out the classes :P
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anshuk
Hey guys, my first post on flyertalk

Anyway, I've submitted a request for an upgrade to J about two months ago.
I'm flying 9W 120 on 15th of September. I actually got a call from JP asking me if I wanted to be taken off the waiting list :S is there anyway I can check how many seats are flying out empty as of now? I checked flight availability on flightstats.com but I can't seem to figure out the classes :P
Its not looking good. Why don't you move onto the afternoon flight as that should confirm quite easily.

BOM Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji IN [VABB]
LHR London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
WED 15 Sep 2010

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Availability
--------- ------ ---- -------- ---- -------- --- -- -----------------------------------------------------------
9W 120 BOM 01:45 LHR 06:45 77W 0 F5 A3 C2 J2 Z1 I0 P0 Y4 M4 T2 U1 N0 L0 Q0 S0 K0 H0 V0 O0 W0
9W 118 BOM 12:55 LHR 17:55 77W 0 F5 A5 C7 J7 Z7 I7 P6 Y7 M7 T7 U7 N5 L4 Q4 S2 K0 H0 V0 O0 W0
Old Sep 10, 2010, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its not looking good. Why don't you move onto the afternoon flight as that should confirm quite easily.

WED 15 Sep 2010

--------- ------ ---- -------- ---- -------- --- -- -----------------------------------------------------------
9W 120 BOM 01:45 LHR 06:45 77W 0 F5 A3 C2 J2 Z1 I0 P0 Y4 M4 T2 U1 N0 L0 Q0 S0 K0 H0 V0 O0 W0
9W 118 BOM 12:55 LHR 17:55 77W 0 F5 A5 C7 J7 Z7 I7 P6 Y7 M7 T7 U7 N5 L4 Q4 S2 K0 H0 V0 O0 W0
welcome to ft anshuk....larryr is right....you have a much better chance in the afternoon flight....
Old Sep 11, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: 9W Silver

WED 15 Sep 2010

Hey guys, thank you for the extremely quick replies
Unfortunately, I won't be able to shift to the afternoon flight - landing in the evening is rather inconvenient because I have to travel further North.

I guees I'm just going to have to let it go.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anshuk
Hey guys, thank you for the extremely quick replies
Unfortunately, I won't be able to shift to the afternoon flight - landing in the evening is rather inconvenient because I have to travel further North.

I guees I'm just going to have to let it go.
Stick to it as if you are using vouchers then they will upgrade you up until the last minute. If they have a seat free you get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.