Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I gamble - twice??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
Should I gamble - twice??

I'm heading to vegas the weekend of Jan. 6th for a 40th birthday party of a friend

The 2 cheapest flights from IAD are Air Tran and Independence @ $115 one way

i am holding an 10% off FlyI coupon, and a coworker has offered me their $189 FLY I credit for some hotel stuff, so i can effectively reduce my cost to about $50

should i risk it?
it would be nice to say I flew on Independence the last day of their existence,
but if i'm off by a day i may be screwed. But then again, if their last day in January 5, then i may not get a flight out on January 6??

what say the experts?
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:57 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jessej
I'm heading to vegas the weekend of Jan. 6th for a 40th birthday party of a friend

The 2 cheapest flights from IAD are Air Tran and Independence @ $115 one way

i am holding an 10% off FlyI coupon, and a coworker has offered me their $189 FLY I credit for some hotel stuff, so i can effectively reduce my cost to about $50

should i risk it?
it would be nice to say I flew on Independence the last day of their existence,
but if i'm off by a day i may be screwed. But then again, if their last day in January 5, then i may not get a flight out on January 6??

what say the experts?
I have been an adamant supporter of FLYi, but I personally would not take the chance for January. I'm a little paranoid about my November flights.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:34 am

Programs: United 1K
I hate to say it because I've been a fan of FLYi but I don't think they'll be around in January - they are going through cash very quickly.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:11 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I havent taken a look so I don't know if it is to your advantage but consider flying out of BWI if you're price sensitive.

Flying with Indy anytime after Christmas is a gamble but the odds are not in your favor!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I havent taken a look so I don't know if it is to your advantage but consider flying out of BWI if you're price sensitive.

Flying with Indy anytime after Christmas is a gamble but the odds are not in your favor!
out of bwi start at $150
but i didnt look at SWA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.