Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a deadpool?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2005, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Starwood
Is there a deadpool?

I placed a friendly wager, with a co-worker about if he'd still be flying Independence Air, come end of January.

I didn't think they'd be flying, and told him I'd take him to dinner if they were.

Do you think I have any chance of winning?
Old Nov 17, 2005, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Independence Air will be purchased (or bailed out by) Virgin America Airlines. So in effect they still will be flying.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 7:14 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by greenery
Independence Air will be purchased (or bailed out by) Virgin America Airlines. So in effect they still will be flying.
Highly doubtful but quite an entertaining rumor.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 7:45 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Highly doubtful but quite an entertaining rumor.
It's actually quite more than a rumor. British press is reporting that Branson is interested. Of course, he'll probably just go for the certificate, not the airline per se.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 7:09 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Richard Branson is well known for stirring the waters with speculation only to let it fizzle out. He lives for the publicity.

It would be nice if it happens though as I'm sad at the thought of so many people in my county being out of work right after the holiday season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.