Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:02 pm
Original Member

The title of this thread is Please Share iDine Bonuses. It is a sticky. May I suggest that we confine our posts to this thread to new iDine bonuses, and put our questions and comments in other threads, perhaps new and more appropriately titled?

Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
AA idine Rate your Dine bonus starts again Jan 1, 2008 for VIPs

During our VIP Rate Your Dine Bonus, VIP Dining members can earn 5 AAdvantage® bonus miles per dollar on every qualified dine* January 1 through March 31, 2008. That's 10 AAdvantage® miles per dollar spent on your entire bill - tax and tip included.

Earning your 5-mile-per-dollar VIP bonus is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Dine at participating restaurants when benefits are being offered January 1 - March 31, 2008.
2. Look for your Benefit Confirmation email after every qualified dine* and click on the link to take a brief survey about your dining experience. Or log in and go to the "My Rewards" page to take the survey online.
3. Complete the survey within 60 days of your qualified dine** - it only takes about 30 seconds to answer a few quick questions - and you'll earn 5 AAdvantage® bonus miles per dollar spent on the entire bill!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 3:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by technique
During our VIP Rate Your Dine Bonus, VIP Dining members can earn 5 AAdvantage® bonus miles per dollar on every qualified dine* January 1 through March 31, 2008. That's 10 AAdvantage® miles per dollar spent on your entire bill - tax and tip included.

Earning your 5-mile-per-dollar VIP bonus is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Dine at participating restaurants when benefits are being offered January 1 - March 31, 2008.
2. Look for your Benefit Confirmation email after every qualified dine* and click on the link to take a brief survey about your dining experience. Or log in and go to the "My Rewards" page to take the survey online.
3. Complete the survey within 60 days of your qualified dine** - it only takes about 30 seconds to answer a few quick questions - and you'll earn 5 AAdvantage® bonus miles per dollar spent on the entire bill!
Just to clarify: The previous AA ratings bonus earned you 5 miles on top of your 10 miles per $ spent for elite members, for a total of 15 miles/$ spent. This ratings "bonus" is simply last year's elite bonus of 5 miles per dollar on top of the normal 5 miles/$ spent, but you are now required to provide a rating to get the second 5 miles/$. Either way, you are getting only 10 miles/$. The following info from their web page makes this clear:

An $87 dinner x 10 miles per dollar = 870 AAdvantage® miles. A $23 dollar lunch x 10 miles per dollar = 230 AAdvantage® miles. It's one of the richest rewards around!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by bob12403
Just to clarify: The previous AA ratings bonus earned you 5 miles on top of your 10 miles per $ spent for elite members, for a total of 15 miles/$ spent. This ratings "bonus" is simply last year's elite bonus of 5 miles per dollar on top of the normal 5 miles/$ spent, but you are now required to provide a rating to get the second 5 miles/$. Either way, you are getting only 10 miles/$. The following info from their web page makes this clear:
Eh, sort of... Currently, there is a double mile promotion so VIP members get 10 miles per $... This expires at the end of the year...

The "normal" rate for VIP's is 5 miles per $
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:44 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by technique
Eh, sort of... Currently, there is a double mile promotion so VIP members get 10 miles per $... This expires at the end of the year...

The "normal" rate for VIP's is 5 miles per $
The 10-miles-per-dollar for VIP's is not any special promotion. It has been the standard earnings rate for VIP's for years. bob12403 had correctly pointed out that you now have to jump through the extra hoop of rating the restaurant in 2008 to get the historical 10-miles-per-dollar.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
The 10-miles-per-dollar for VIP's is not any special promotion. It has been the standard earnings rate for VIP's for years. bob12403 had correctly pointed out that you now have to jump through the extra hoop of rating the restaurant in 2008 to get the historical 10-miles-per-dollar.
Well, what I am reading on their website says otherwise. It says that the VIP rate is 5 miles per dollar, but currently there is a promo:

Special AAdvantage DiningSM elite member bonus extended through 12/31/07.
"5+5=10 AAdvantage miles per dollar spent* (valid thru 12/31/07)"

Once this ends, it's back to 5 miles per dollar for VIPs, which appears to be the standard rate for VIPs with no bonuses. If you choose to rate your dine, from Jan 1 2008 to Mar 31 2008, you will get another 5 miles per dollar bonus. But the BASE RATE for VIPs is 5 miles per dollar, and will continue to be so in 2008, all promotions aside.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 3:13 pm
Original Member

Rate your dine bonus for V.I.P.s now available for most airlines

The rate your dine bonus for V.I.P.s is now available for Delta, American, United, Alaska, and Northwest Airlines and U.S. Airways and Priority Club. Priority Club is double points. Continental and Midwest Airlines have not yet posted the bonus.

Links to the bonuses are on my website below in the Other Programs I Like > Dining section, but are easily accessed from the home page of each program.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by pgary
The rate your dine bonus for V.I.P.s is now available for Delta, American, United, Alaska, and Northwest Airlines and U.S. Airways and Priority Club. Priority Club is double points. Continental and Midwest Airlines have not yet posted the bonus.

Links to the bonuses are on my website below in the Other Programs I Like > Dining section, but are easily accessed from the home page of each program.
Does anybody know if continental planning to do the same?
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by pgary

Midwest now has the bonus posted.

http://midwest.rewardsnetwork.com/bo...d=MWV5&detail=
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:32 am

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
Originally Posted by Traviss
Take a look at

https://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/registerbonus.jsp?id=A076

Think this is what you mean?

T
This was the 3,000 bonus miles for new member sign up. Good from 11/1/07 - 12/31/07. I've been checking, waiting for miles to post, then went back and read the fine print. I didn't realize there was a minimum $25 charge. Has anyone received their miles (dstan?) ? I don't think any of the dines on my wife's new account were $25
Old Jan 3, 2008, 3:27 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by majikTib
This was the 3,000 bonus miles for new member sign up. Good from 11/1/07 - 12/31/07. I've been checking, waiting for miles to post, then went back and read the fine print. I didn't realize there was a minimum $25 charge. Has anyone received their miles (dstan?) ? I don't think any of the dines on my wife's new account were $25
Yes, Mrs. dstan received all 3x1000 of her bonus miles. All the charges were over $25, though (I missed that, too), as I made her pay for my dinner, too!
Old Jan 5, 2008, 5:32 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dstan
Yes, Mrs. dstan received all 3x1000 of her bonus miles. All the charges were over $25, though (I missed that, too), as I made her pay for my dinner, too!
When did you get the 3x1000 bonus miles? Did they post with each dine? I did not receive the 1000 bonus miles for either of my $25+ transactions. I did get a 5 mile/$ bonus for the one restaurant that I did the survey for afterwards anyways.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 1:18 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by loomis
When did you get the 3x1000 bonus miles? Did they post with each dine? I did not receive the 1000 bonus miles for either of my $25+ transactions. I did get a 5 mile/$ bonus for the one restaurant that I did the survey for afterwards anyways.
Looks like it posted at the same time as the dines in all 3 cases, between 9 and 11 days after the dine. I'd send them an email.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 1:22 pm

Frequent Flyer Miles Dining Bonus

I hope I am posting this and it catches someone's eye.

I am an i-dine member and have my US Airways MasterCard and my One Pass Continental credit cards attached to this program.

My US Airways link has a bonus posting. If you are a VIP member you can double your earned miles for dining by reviewing the restaurants you dine in.

This program is good from Jan. 1-March 31.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by Bergstein
I hope I am posting this and it catches someone's eye.

I am an i-dine member and have my US Airways MasterCard and my One Pass Continental credit cards attached to this program.

My US Airways link has a bonus posting. If you are a VIP member you can double your earned miles for dining by reviewing the restaurants you dine in.

This program is good from Jan. 1-March 31.
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=772457

AND

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743041

With the possible exception of Continental, I-Dine has rolled out this extra step (masquerading as a bonus) for all programs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.