Wiki Posts
Search

New seats on Iberia 320 - 321

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Platinum
Cool New seats on Iberia 320 - 321

Last sunday I flew on a brand new (only 20 hours ) 321 from Iberia, named generalife.

What was important. was that the seats are all completely new. All leather RECARO® seats

the distance between seats was much better at least on J

unfortunately they only have one, but they expect to change the seats on all medium range (domestic-european) fleet
Old May 4, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
There is no info about this on the IB website

This is good to know as I can usually use IB or BA on my flights from DUB, and the extra comfort is always welcomed
Old May 4, 2006, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
First A-321 delivered with new Seats for Short- and Medium-Haul Routes
Iberia Begins Remodelling Airbus 319, 320 and 321 Cabins

Madrid, 24 of April of 2006

Iberia to invest more than 30 million euros to transform cabins of its current Airbus A320 fleet.
The new interiors have a colour scheme using shades of grey, along with new leather seats to enhance comfort and optimise use of space.
This A321 is the first to be delivered under the contract signed in February, 2005, to replace Iberia’s fleet of short- and medium-haul aircraft.
Iberia has taken delivery of the first of its short- and medium-haul aircraft with a newly-designed cabit, an Airbus A-321 registered as EC-JQZ and named “Generalife”.

The arrival of the new aircraft marks the beginning of a process of remodelling of the passenger cabins on all Iberia’s Airbus A320-family aircraft, which are used on domestic and intra-European routes. The company has set aside 30 million euros for remodelling the cabins in its existing fleet of Airbus A319s, A320s, and A321s, which the airline expects to complete in the course of 2007. At the end of the process, nearly 90 Iberia A320-family aircraft will have the new interiors.

An array of grey hues is used for carpeting, curtains, and seats, which are upholstered in leather of the highest quality for maximum comfort, and doubles-stitched into rounded forms. The seat frames are also of new design, and will both enhance comfort and optimise the use of cabin space. The seat backs are more curved and lighter, and are more distant from the knees of the passengers in the row behind. The magazine pouch is positioned high on the seat backs, and there is additional free space under the seats, allowing the passengers behind to extend their legs. .

The new A321 is the first to be delivered under the contract signed in February, 2005, to replace its fleet of short- and medium-range aeroplanes, by acquiring 79 units of Airbus A318s, A319s, A320s and A321s which will enter service between 2006 and 2011. Before the end of the current year, Iberia will receive five more aircraft with the new cabin design, one A321 and four A319s.
Old May 4, 2006, 3:03 pm

Thanks for the info hope IB will provide some pictures soon.

This sounds promising I wonder will they change the layout back to the convertable seating they had a few years ago. I do prefer the 2+3 configuation, seats a bit wider too.

Well it just about time to for the revamp some of their A320's are begining to look old and dirty.
Old May 4, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA*G, SK-EBB, DL-G, IB-Silver Marriott Gold , HHonors Gold, SHG Gold
Originally Posted by HarryBA
Thanks for the info hope IB will provide some pictures soon.

This sounds promising I wonder will they change the layout back to the convertable seating they had a few years ago. I do prefer the 2+3 configuation, seats a bit wider too.

Well it just about time to for the revamp some of their A320's are begining to look old and dirty.
The press release on the website had fotos...

http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/g...00930216ac____
Old May 4, 2006, 5:43 pm

What flight were you on?
Old May 4, 2006, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by MADflyer
The press release on the website had fotos...

http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/g...00930216ac____
I was going to post this link but, unfortunately, it won't work due to Iberia's website format. You can find it by clicking on Iberia Group on the Homepage. It's the last Press Release at the bottom of this page.

There are only two, bad quality, thumbnail sized photos of the new cabin and about the only thing you can really make out in them is the colour of the leather.
Old May 4, 2006, 6:29 pm

yep found it cheers,

IB site is like EI's regarding time signature thing so you can't post a link to it, most annoying.
Old May 5, 2006, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Platinum
Originally Posted by rrgg
What flight were you on?
LPA-MAD monday may the 1st
we took off at 14h55
Old May 5, 2006, 8:03 am

So they'll have 5 more this year. Any guesses as to what routes are likely candidates? The most in need, or maybe the most travelled? (I'll be on MAD-ATH or BCN-ATH this Aug.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.