Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 PNRs, 1 ticket number

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 5:49 am
Original Poster

2 PNRs, 1 ticket number

I booked a trip on iberia.com (a simple return trip on IB, booked under IB flight numbers, no codeshares) and entered my BA FFP number. Checking the trip later on iberia.com, I noticed there was no FFP number registered, despite my having entered it during the booking process. Trying to use the online facility to add it resulted in an error so I called IB customer service. They were able to add the number without a problem (I checked the booking again on iberia.com and it was visible). The e-mail confirmation they sent has a different 6 digit booking reference (which I presume to be the Amadeus locator) from the original 5 digit booking reference, which I presume to be the IB locator (does anyone have an explanation as to why IB does this, even though they use Amadeus?). Both PNRs have the same ticket number. My question is can I use either locator number to check in or would the IB regulars recommend using the 5 digit IB locator? As you can probably tell, I don't normally fly IB.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ColinP
(does anyone have an explanation as to why IB does this, even though they use Amadeus?).
IB doesn't use Amadeus.

IB uses their own system called Resiber.
ColinP likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
IB doesn't use Amadeus.

IB uses their own system called Resiber.
Not quite as simple as that. Iberia does use Amadeus to an extent but its check-in systems are Resiber. Hence why all bookings, even simple point-to-point IB marketed and operated flights end up having both a 5 character (Resiber) and 6 character (Amadeus) PNR.
ColinP likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.