Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

seat assigment nightmare - Latam/Iberia -> Bravofly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2024, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Dear all, I am posting this here on LATAM's forum, but mods feel free to move to Iberia and/or Bravofly if it's best elsewhere.

Long story short:
I bought a ticket via Bravofly and, out of 4 segments, two are with a LATAM flight number, but, operated by Iberia.

Upon trying to assign seats, both airlines point at each other, and, Bravofly only says "call the airline"

I've been on an endless loop, and, no matter what channel I try, I am unable to get these business class seats assigned.

Any ideas, pointers, suggestions...

Thanks in advance...
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:48 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let me move this to the Iberia forum. Since Iberia will be operating the flights in question, that carrier will govern seat assignments. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
RedRobin likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
IB will be the one to issue seat assignments. However, the OTA + codeshare combination means that it probably won't happen...

Even in Business Class, your fare may not include complimentary seat assignment FWIW.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Dear Craigthemif, thanks for taking the time to reply.

It's baffling. I learned my lesson that the "cheap" becomes expensive. I didn't notice until after booking that the flight was booked as a Latam and not Iberia... but, even that I would have not think much about it. The "domestic segments" (intra europe) with Iberia in Business as well I managed to assign, so, I "assume" its the same booking class, but maybe not since the other is a latam flight and I guess ticket overall as its not a 075 ticket.

Iberia says all sorts of things when I call them: its not our plane, its latam, or, this is for dec2024 and the airplane has not been assigned to this flight yet, and several other execuses.... latam says have to call the airline and/or they cannot help.

anyhow, I guess this is venting at this point.. very frustrating.

thanks,
robin
Old Feb 19, 2024, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedRobin

this is for dec2024 and the airplane has not been assigned to this flight yet....
Well actually that one is true. You can't select seats this far in advance on IB long hauls.
RedRobin likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Well actually that one is true. You can't select seats this far in advance on IB long hauls.
this gives me a light of hope... is this really the case? how far do they open? I find this weird, thought... as if I buy/or/simulate directly on IB's website, I can reserve seat/see seatmap... but, I would welcome to know this is indeed the experience for IB flying? (usually I am on LH group... and never had this sort of issue...)
Old Feb 21, 2024, 2:20 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Dec24 is open
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

I have spent this entire week trying with Iberia, LATAM and Bravoflight to get some sort of resolution and its amazing, they all point at each other... look at the last three responses I've got:

Travel Agency/Bravoflight:
Thank you for your recent contact in relation to your above booking ID.

Further to our contact, I can confirm that this matter has now been resolved as agreed. We have now had the opportunity to investigate the points that you have raised as we checked with Iberia airline and Latam airline for seats selection for Madrid to Rio Janeiro, It is operated by multiple airlines so both airline advise to get seats assigned at the airport counter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.I understand you are disappointed with the seat selections.However, we act as a travel agent and we do not have any control over the airline's policies.

Please not hesitate to contact our teams should you have any further queries or questions.

I hope you enjoy you trip.
Iberia:
Hola, As this is an agency ticket, flying in December and also codeshare, we are sorry, but our booking colleagues cannot help you with the management of your reservation as we are unable to access your booking. You will have to contact the agency in order to manage your seats. Best regards.

As we have indicated, we are sorry, but as this is an agency booking, we do not have access to it to be able to manage the seats. Our management would only be possible 24 hours before the flight and if you have already flown one of your flights in case you have more than one flight in your booking (which is not the case). Thank you.
LATAM:
Hello, we have verified this with our specialized support department, please bear in mind that it's not possible for us to open the seat map for flight (IB270) GIG-MAD. Please let us inform you that the seat map for the MAD-GIG flight (IB269) appears with no available spaces, due this fact we are unable to perform the seat assignment. Your Iberia flights are associated with the Iberia booking code (XYZ...). It's recommended that you contact Iberia customer support with this code and your last name to verify the options we have with your Iberia flights.

Why is it so hard in 2024 to assign seats... should be a trivial thing.... (granted the booking class allows choosing seats... but even that I cannot find out!?)
Old Mar 6, 2024, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC
Just as an FYI, I have a booking made on LATAM (all segments in business) with one segment on Iberia. I had no problem reserving seats for the Iberia segment on the Iberia website.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alpenlupe
Just as an FYI, I have a booking made on LATAM (all segments in business) with one segment on Iberia. I had no problem reserving seats for the Iberia segment on the Iberia website.
I'm jealous!!! lol! so LATAM was the issuer of the ticket, as well as the site used to purchase? (mine are all business too, but bought via a third party travel agent...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.