Search

Extra legroom seat in A350

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:43 am
Ambassador: Peru
Original Poster

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Extra legroom seat in A350

I'm taking a LIM-MAD flight in April. I’ve already bought the ticket at Iberia website, and included the seat behind the emergency door seats rows, because it has extra legroom and it’s near window. It’s seat 41A according to Iberia webpage (at time of select seat and purchase), as it’s showed in the attached jpg.

But my concern is that few days later when I checked the Iberia fleet page, the A350 seat map shows the seat I chose numbered as 39A, not 41A

. At other websites like seatmaps.com show it as 39A too, and Seatguru shows it as 38A. At the select seat purchase page it still shows it as 41A, and my ticket indicates 41A as purchased.

Is there any recent seat number change? Or is it because of the A350 different models? I’m not sure what variant of A350 is my flight plane (800, 900, etc.). I want to think Iberia fleet seat map pages are outdated and the purchase map page is correct. But I do want to be sure I won’t have any bad surprise when I board the plane and find my 41A seat is not the extra legroom seat I chose. I hope there is not software error at the purchase pages or mistaken maps there.

Old Feb 29, 2024, 3:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Iberia currently has three A350-900 variants. The seat map you are seeing in the seat selection page corresponds with one of the former Hainan Group aircraft that recently joined the fleet
Old Mar 1, 2024, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately, if IB changes the aircraft allocated to your flight, you will remain in 41A and it won't have extra legroom. You will also then have a battle to reclaim your seat selection fee, because agents will play dumb and say that you received the seat you booked.

Also note that there is probably a substantial "bubble" on the emergency exit which will occupy a decent chunk of your "legroom". And the seat will be narrower to provide you with a tray and video screen...
Old Mar 1, 2024, 6:37 am
Ambassador: Peru
Original Poster

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Also note that there is probably a substantial "bubble" on the emergency exit which will occupy a decent chunk of your "legroom". And the seat will be narrower to provide you with a tray and video screen...
Thanks. I checked the bubble is far enough from the seat so it's enough legroom.
csycsycsy likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by Villavic
Thanks. I checked the bubble is far enough from the seat so it's enough legroom.
craigthemif probably was referring to 11A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.