Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia API for country and DOB issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Iberia API for country and DOB issues

Trying to input information on DOB and country of issue for US passport on the Iberia US website. Managed to get the passport info entered using the USES country of issue, but that was last year and there is still no US or USA listed, only USES. For DOB, the drop down box for month has numbers for each month except November, which instead has "eleven" as the only option. I choose it and it tries to input that in the box but then when I save the changes it tells me I need to make corrections. This has also been a problem since last year. It also has my surname correct on the tickets but misspelled on my API and I am unable to make any changes to my name in the API.

What is up with Iberia's API? I am concerned that when it get over to Europe I will have problems checking in for my flight, online or at the airport, given the discrepancies in the data. Is there any way to correct this? I am flying on a regional carrier, Air Norstrum, from Casablanca to Madrid, that was book through the Iberia website.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The US is probably listed with the "E"s for "Estados Unidos". Even though the names are translated, the alphabetical order is based on the Spanish.

I have no idea why "November" being month 11 would cause any issues at all. November is the 11th month.

The easiest answer for any issues is to use the Iberia Spain website in Spanish and use Google Translate for anything you don't understand.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

double post
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
The US is probably listed with the "E"s for "Estados Unidos". Even though the names are translated, the alphabetical order is based on the Spanish.

I have no idea why "November" being month 11 would cause any issues at all. November is the 11th month.

The easiest answer for any issues is to use the Iberia Spain website in Spanish and use Google Translate for anything you don't understand.
Thanks for the reply. I am not sure which site I am on. I use Chrome and Google, which takes me to Iberia.com. Google asked me if I want to translate all Spanish to English and I select yes, always. So I am mostly seeing it in English.

As for the birth date, the drop down menu for month of birth shows numbers to select from, 1-12. Except for the month of November for which it shows the word "eleven". When you choose that it populates the appropriate space with the word "eleven". As you might expect it does not fit the space. It makes one wonder if anything is even captured within the system, which might negate the ability to check in online. Guess I will only find out the day before my flight.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:15 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by Tarheel72
Thanks for the reply. I am not sure which site I am on. I use Chrome and Google, which takes me to Iberia.com. Google asked me if I want to translate all Spanish to English and I select yes, always. So I am mostly seeing it in English.

As for the birth date, the drop down menu for month of birth shows numbers to select from, 1-12. Except for the month of November for which it shows the word "eleven". When you choose that it populates the appropriate space with the word "eleven". As you might expect it does not fit the space. It makes one wonder if anything is even captured within the system, which might negate the ability to check in online. Guess I will only find out the day before my flight.
Ah, that's a chrome auto translate 'feature' that messes up the input fields. Just switch it back to Spanish (turn off auto translate) during the inputting.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, 5yr CK, Flying Blue, Delta, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
To follow on there are additional errors in their API's. Not tied to the translation because I used the native Spanish site as well. Specifically with two passengers traveling, when entering the passport number and expiration date the system allows the enter for both passengers, but when you save the second passenger it overwrites the number and expiration date of the first passenger with the second passengers information. Called Iberia and they said their system has the correct info but the display software on their site has a glitch.

Last edited by winterjs; Mar 12, 2024 at 9:30 am Reason: duplicate word
Old Mar 12, 2024, 5:31 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
Seems like the IAG airlines are in an internal competition over who has the worse IT systems!
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chacor
Seems like the IAG airlines are in an internal competition over who has the worse IT systems!
Yes, it's fair to say that IAG corporate doesn't prioritise IT as much as it should.

It's also fair to say that most airlines are running IT systems that have some legacy components running on a Commodore 64 or Apple 2 somewhere. It's really hard to update IT systems without causing the entire airline to meltdown. (even though BA does manage that sometimes too...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.