Wiki Posts
Search

Routing SEA->DFW->MAD using Avios

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Routing SEA->DFW->MAD using Avios

I see availability from DFW->MAD in business but I can't find a way to force routing from SEA. Is there an option to do this online? Will calling them help or will I need to book two separate tickets (1 on AS and 1 on Iberia)?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you manage to book them together - and it's probably quite difficult to find "saver" space between SEA and DFW - the whole thing will become non-refundable. I would book separately with lots of extra time to allow for delays.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, OWE
You should book this via British Airways if you have an account with them. 1) Their agents are better than Iberia 2) the amounts should be the same 3) booking with BA will be refundable where as booking Alaska with Iberia will not be.

Good luck!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Originally Posted by jonr405
You should book this via British Airways if you have an account with them. 1) Their agents are better than Iberia 2) the amounts should be the same 3) booking with BA will be refundable where as booking Alaska with Iberia will not be.

Good luck!
I was wondering about that. I can't force the website to price that itinerary out but I imagine calling them and paying that fee is a good idea for the reasons you pointed out. Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jonr405
You should book this via British Airways if you have an account with them.

2) the amounts should be the same
Not necessarily. BAEC uses a special redemption chart for itineraries which utilize two or more of BA's oneworld partners:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...e/public/en_us

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.