Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barajas to/from

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2024, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Barajas to/from

Arriving 930 am Friday March 1stf from US, then taking a Iryo train to Malaga from Atocha at 3 pm. Think train ticket includes Cercanas train? Can I take direct from airport to Atocha without a separate ticket? Think I’ll arrive in T4

Coming back Sunday March 10to DFW. Flight at 350 pm. Am oneworld Ruby. No checked bags. How far in advance do I need to arrive? Coming from Prado or hotel about 13 minutes from Atocha so May just take Uber? Think departs from T4S.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.renfe.com/es/en/suburban/suburban-madrid

The train from T4 goes to Atocha after a handful of stops. No need to change.

On the way back, the "Recoletos" station might be closer to your hotel. Otherwise taxi fares are fixed between the airport and the city. (33 euros I think)

The train costs less than 2 euros. Even if you can't get the machines to recognise your Iryo ticket, it's not worth stressing over.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! How far in advance should I arrive for a 350 pm flight to US with no bags and Ruby status?
Old Feb 19, 2024, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The answer is more dependent on your citizenship rather than your status, IMO.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Am from US
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
You can also take Airport Express Bus to Atocha.
You can use Iryo ticket barcode to enter Cercania. C10 is the train to Atocha.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:11 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by joetro
Arriving 930 am Friday March 1stf from US, then taking a Iryo train to Malaga from Atocha at 3 pm. Think train ticket includes Cercanas train? Can I take direct from airport to Atocha without a separate ticket? Think I’ll arrive in T4

Coming back Sunday March 10to DFW. Flight at 350 pm. Am oneworld Ruby. No checked bags. How far in advance do I need to arrive? Coming from Prado or hotel about 13 minutes from Atocha so May just take Uber? Think departs from T4S.
At the MAD train station, use the ticket machines to get your free ticket to Atocha, video/details here
https://blog.renfe.com/asi-puedes-ca...ado-cercanias/

From Prado, it's a 10minwalk to Atocha, and 15min to the next stop Recoletos, but the train takes 5min to go from Atocha to Recoletos, it's a nice walk, so it makes sense to walk to Recoletos, since you have no checked luggage.
Use https://www.renfe.com/es/es/cercania...adrid/horarios to find the timetable.
Ignore whether the train is C1/C10, both go to/from Atocha/Recoletos to/from the Airport.
Ride time from R to A is 27min (~30min). You don't save much time taking an Uber.
Prado opens at 10a, if you leave at 12p, get on the 1221-1248 train, you can get to the IB Biz check in desk by 1p (if OLCI failed/docs check), giving you ~2 hours at the IB lounge.
2 hours might not be enough for the Prado though?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 2:09 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
Thank you! How far in advance should I arrive for a 350 pm flight to US with no bags and Ruby status?
Iberia will say to arrive 4 hours (lol) before US-bound flights, but I (non-US citizen) rocked up last month with regular advance time (2 hours) and also spent time in the lounge and made my flight just fine. They just have an additional document check right outside the set of gates at T4S they use for US flights – as a US passport holder you probably won't spend more than 30 seconds in line! There are multiple agents staffing the additional doc check so there's never really any wait beyond a couple minutes, even when there are multiple US flights ex-MAD at around the same time. IMO aiming to get to the gate for the boarding time listed on your boarding pass (maybe give an additional 5-10 minutes if you're really concerned) is just fine.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, all. I misspoke and will be coming from the Thyssen not the Prado.

If I were to take a cab or the metro, will I arrive in any case in T4 and not 4S? How do I get to 4S?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
T4. You clear security in T4 and take the underground transit/train to T4S where you will clear immigration. There is no road access to T4S, or indeed no general public access.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:38 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Thanks, all. I misspoke and will be coming from the Thyssen not the Prado.

If I were to take a cab or the metro, will I arrive in any case in T4 and not 4S? How do I get to 4S?
From Thyssen, just walk to Cibeles to get the airport express bus.

But T4S is same terminal as T4, just a separate building. It's all the same headhouse (Why I'm really annoyed that they call T3 a separate terminal when it's just a T2 extension).

T4S is after security and take the train to passport control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.