Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Booking a level economy flight with avios through Iberia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2023, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone have experience doing this? Did you run into any trouble? Do you get an included meal? Do you get a checked bag included? If so what is the weight limit? I think you get to choose your seat.

Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2023, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hopefully somebody with LEVEL-specific experience will come along to confirm.

But LEVEL award flights (and Iberia FWIW) typically book into the Optima fare. Optima comes with:
  • checked bag
  • food
  • seat selection
I've got a LEVEL award booking for later in the year, and the first row seat selection seems to be sticking. YMMV...
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:50 pm

Programs: eleVAte
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Hopefully somebody with LEVEL-specific experience will come along to confirm.

But LEVEL award flights (and Iberia FWIW) typically book into the Optima fare. Optima comes with:
  • checked bag
  • food
  • seat selection
I've got a LEVEL award booking for later in the year, and the first row seat selection seems to be sticking. YMMV...
Can you share how your experience was? I'm thinking of redeeming Avios for Cash + Points booking on Level (via Iberia) for my mother who has never traveled to Europe before. I want to be sure that we can pick our seats and that a carry on, checked bag, and food are included. Did all of those come with your points booking?
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Anyone have any new info/data points? I'm looking at booking a Level flight (SFO-BCN) using Iberia Avios and am wondering about bag fees, seat selection fees, food fees, etc.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Anyone have any new info/data points? I'm looking at booking a Level flight (SFO-BCN) using Iberia Avios and am wondering about bag fees, seat selection fees, food fees, etc.
I can now confirm what I mentioned upstream. When you spend IB+ Avios on LEVEL, you get:
  1. checked bag
  2. food (you can preorder ahead of time to be sure)
  3. seat selection
No elite benefits apply.
mangoMan and Seanish like this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 10:03 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I can now confirm what I mentioned upstream. When you spend IB+ Avios on LEVEL, you get:
  1. checked bag
  2. food (you can preorder ahead of time to be sure)
  3. seat selection
No elite benefits apply.
Awesome! Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2024, 1:12 pm

This has been really helpful for my booking too, thank you! Did you also see a discrepancy between the number of avios shown for the flight, and the number you were ultimately required to use, and add cash? I am very confused because my flight pops us as being 22k avios and I have 27K in my account. However, the system is only letting me book a combination with cash, at 17K avios. Is there no option where I would just pay the 22k, with no cash addition? I need to transfer over a bunch of points for a family trip, so if each ticket will never cost 22k avios (as I had thought), that fact will change my transfer amount. Thanks!​​​​​​​

Old Feb 29, 2024, 1:14 pm

This thread has been really helpful for my booking too, thank you!

Did you also see a discrepancy between the number of avios shown for the flight, and the number you were ultimately required to use, and add cash? I am very confused because my flight pops us as being 22k avios and I have 27K in my account. However, the system is only letting me book a combination with cash, at 17K avios. Is there no option where I would just pay the 22k, with no cash addition? I need to transfer over a bunch of points for a family trip, so if each ticket will never cost 22k avios (as I had thought), that fact will change my transfer amount. Thanks!

Old Mar 1, 2024, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Iberia website is glitchy when it comes to LEVEL awards.

You will pay 17,000 Avios per person + the taxes / surcharges listed. There is no option to pay a lower cash amount.
Seanish likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.