Wiki Posts
Search

Madrid terminal 4 connection question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2023, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Madrid terminal 4 connection question

I have a friend flying JFK-MAD on AA this Wednesday, arriving T4S at 8:25 am. I will be meeting her there to catch our flight to ACE on Iberia at 11:25 am.

Her 3 hour connections sounds sufficient, but she is on two different tickets, so she'll have to pass customs, get her bags, then check them in again with Iberia.

Can any Iberia/MAD T4 experts out there provide any advice for her to minimize any issues making the flight to ACE?

Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
The limiting step will be getting the luggage. It should be enough time if everything is on time. All my tips to get to baggage claim 2-5 minutes faster are irrelevant if you're just going to be waiting for luggage there in the first place.

Does she have status for fast track/business check-in desks or are you both on the same reservation for the MAD-ACE flight?
Old Oct 2, 2023, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
I second the potential luggage delay. You never know when your bag will show up.
If your friend has only carry-on, she can actually use the connection passenger immigration and security check area without going back to T4 to retrieve her luggage. The immigration queue for passengers arriving Madrid as their final destination could be long. There was even a last minute connection security line in T4S.
If she really need to retrieve her bag and re-check it. She may want to purchase FastTrack if the security line is long, I believe it is 15 Euro now. She needs to download the AENA app, create an account before she arrive Madrid. If the security line is long, she can just purchase it via the app and show QR code to pass throug FastTrack security check point. She can always sweet-talk the agent who direct immigration queue and tell them she has a tight connection to make.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyinglan
She may want to purchase FastTrack if the security line is long, I believe it is 15 Euro now.
Security queue long? You go around to the Puente Aereo security point. 15 euros is a waste of money.
flyinglan and Deckter like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.