Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Round trip cancellation for IB domestic flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2023, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT

Hi All,
What will happen if I no show for an outbound IB domestic flight, will my return flight be cancelled?

Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyinglan
Hi All,
What will happen if I no show for an outbound IB domestic flight, will my return flight be cancelled?

Thanks.
Probably, although if you communicate with IB they ought to respect the court rulings saying that return legs shouldn't be cancelled for no-shows. But saying nothing and just showing up at the airport for your return flight isn't a good idea.

FWIW I can't think of a single reason to book IB domestics as a return. Same price... and more cashback when booked individually...
flyinglan likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:37 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Probably, although if you communicate with IB they ought to respect the court rulings saying that return legs shouldn't be cancelled for no-shows. But saying nothing and just showing up at the airport for your return flight isn't a good idea.

FWIW I can't think of a single reason to book IB domestics as a return. Same price... and more cashback when booked individually...
Main advantage is if you cancel it's a single fee. Particularly relevant for award flights.
flyinglan likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Thanks.
Can you tell me about the cashback?
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyinglan
Thanks.
Can you tell me about the cashback?
I use Beruby in Spain. A flat 3 euros per booking on Iberia. 3.50 on Vueling. Works fine for me - whereas some of the international cashback websites seem to have problems with paying out on domestic bookings on Iberia.

PM me if you want an invitation code. (not sure if there's anything in it for the new member, but I get a little bit)
flyinglan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.