Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% discount on gift card promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2021, 5:34 am
Original Poster

25% discount on gift card promotion

Is this still valid? The website isnt clear about the promotion dates, just says 31st December.

Was this supposed to end 10 days ago and the website not updated or is it an ongoing promotion?

https://www.iberia.com/es/gift-card/?BV_UseBVCookie=no
Old Jan 10, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by ajdj
Is this still valid? The website isnt clear about the promotion dates, just says 31st December.

Was this supposed to end 10 days ago and the website not updated or is it an ongoing promotion?

https://www.iberia.com/es/gift-card/?BV_UseBVCookie=no
It looks like it's no longer working.

ajdj likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by London Dude
It looks like it's no longer working.
Thanks 👍
Old Feb 8, 2021, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
There seems to be another gift card (Geschenkarte) promotion, which is indeed 25% off again. It might be aimed only at the German market (because I haven't seen it elsewhere). I think it really is quite good, if you can be sure you will use it. But the booking window is tight (until 14th February). The way I read the rules in German, it says you can redeem it in the period 8 to 14 February for flights up until 31 December. But maybe "Buchungszeitraum" refers to the purchase of the gift card itself, rather than actually booking the flights.

Buchungszeitraum: 08/02/2021 - 14/02/2021.
Er kann bis zum 31. Dezember 2021 verwendet werden, wann immer Sie fliegen wollen.

50 Geschenkkarte fr nur 37
100 Geschenkkarte fr nur 75
300 Geschenkkarte fr nur 225
500 Geschenkkarte fr nur 375

https://www.iberia.com/de/Geschenkka...208_de_tarjeta
Old Feb 9, 2021, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
There seems to be another gift card (Geschenkarte) promotion, which is indeed 25% off again. It might be aimed only at the German market (because I haven't seen it elsewhere). I think it really is quite good, if you can be sure you will use it. But the booking window is tight (until 14th February). The way I read the rules in German, it says you can redeem it in the period 8 to 14 February for flights up until 31 December. But maybe "Buchungszeitraum" refers to the purchase of the gift card itself, rather than actually booking the flights.

Buchungszeitraum: 08/02/2021 - 14/02/2021.
Er kann bis zum 31. Dezember 2021 verwendet werden, wann immer Sie fliegen wollen.

50 Geschenkkarte fr nur 37
100 Geschenkkarte fr nur 75
300 Geschenkkarte fr nur 225
500 Geschenkkarte fr nur 375

https://www.iberia.com/de/Geschenkka...208_de_tarjeta
Website/T&Cs say you can buy gift cards with 25% discount until 14 February and use those gift cards until December 31 for flights departing on or before December 31.

Does anyone know if theses gift cards may be used for the YQ part of IB Avios tickets?
Old Feb 9, 2021, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Becks194

Does anyone know if theses gift cards may be used for the YQ part of IB Avios tickets?
I don't think so.

And with the short expiry, not worth the risk IMO...
Old Feb 9, 2021, 1:36 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
What happens is you book a flight and then it get cancelled. Refund of 100% value in voucher or only the giftcard?
Old Feb 9, 2021, 2:42 am

Hi, has anyone bought a gift card in the current sale? Tried to get one yesterday, credit card was charged but got a payment error on the Iberia site. Called Iberia right away and they said they need to look into the issue. (Never got a confirmation message from Iberia).
Old Feb 9, 2021, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mgo72
What happens is you book a flight and then it get cancelled. Refund of 100% value in voucher or only the giftcard?
Presumably you would have the option of a refund to the original form of payment (giftcard) or a voucher.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
You can buy the Gift Card until 14th February but the gift card is valid until the 31st of December for flights up to 31st December.

No need to book your flights until 14th February.

Gift card is available in many IB markets, including Spain, UK, Germany,... but not all.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GFL, Iberia Plus Platino, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I had the issue yesterday, but I've just received confirmation gift card has been issued
Old Feb 9, 2021, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Again, I am going to pass. It's just not worth it in the current climate. But it is an interesting offer and not the last time we will see such an offer, I am sure.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by Becks194
Website/T&Cs say you can buy gift cards with 25% discount until 14 February and use those gift cards until December 31 for flights departing on or before December 31.

No, I looked up the T&Cs as I was thinking of using this on a booking with IB codeshares operated by AA and the T&Cs clearly state that this promo only applies to flights operated and marketed by IB and Avios bookings are also excluded.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 1:55 pm

Hi,
Iberia has launched again the 25% discount on gift cards. However, if I try to enter a different value, it only applies a 10% discount. Not sure if it is because it says "up to a 25% discount". Also, anyone knows if it is possible to combine gift cards if one has some cash left on one, with a newer one? Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2021, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi,
Iberia has launched again the 25% discount on gift cards. However, if I try to enter a different value, it only applies a 10% discount. Not sure if it is because it says "up to a 25% discount". Also, anyone knows if it is possible to combine gift cards if one has some cash left on one, with a newer one? Thanks
For what I saw, once inserted a gift card code there is no way to put in another one, therefore you can use only one per ticket.
By the way, at this moment I can't access the Gift Cards page, it gives me an error. Maybe they are trying to fix the 10% instead of 25% discount on higher amounts... (wishful thinking, I know)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.