Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bos-Mad in Feb just cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2020, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by Oxymore
Yes, but the frontline representatives will need supervisor approval to reroute on AA/BA, and you will need to ask for them to talk to a supervisor, they won't proactively offer to do so.
Thank you. I will do battle with them later in the week and report back of any success/failure.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jonr405
Thank you. I will do battle with them later in the week and report back of any success/failure.
Best of luck. The rep seemed really concerned about getting in trouble and took extra care to properly write the waiver code given by his supervisor when doing the reroute on BA, so I imagine that they have received pretty strict instructions and their hands are really tied, unless given the green light by someone with the proper authority.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jonr405
Any luck getting re-routed? I have 2 flights with IB, both cancelled. When I called about the first cancellation they wouldn't re-route me on BA nor AA. The agent said call back in a few weeks as they may have added more flights... (My reaction was = ???)
Same here... they asked me to call a few weeks later. I was waiting for Nov to begin so I will call again this week.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Circusplaza
Same here... they asked me to call a few weeks later. I was waiting for Nov to begin so I will call again this week.
I just decided to get a refund and they said in 30 DAYS I will get the money back on my card. It seems this agent did not want to push back to get a voucher instead.
Will see...
Old Nov 13, 2020, 4:15 pm

Update: I ended up rescheduling my trip to the next available date I could find which was Apr. 2021. Hopefully travel restrictions will ease via rapid testing or vaccine.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 8:09 am

I just decided to get a refund and they said in 30 DAYS I will get the money back on my card.
Well, don't hold your breath. I was booked BOS-MAD in May/June but in April the flights were cancelled so I asked then for a refund. Since then I have spent an unbelievable eleven hours and thirty minutes on the phone with Iberia, Expedia and my credit card company, and still no refund. Each company claims they can do nothing and it is up to one of the others to rectify the matter.
Good luck with your refund.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NDFan
Well, don't hold your breath. I was booked BOS-MAD in May/June but in April the flights were cancelled so I asked then for a refund. Since then I have spent an unbelievable eleven hours and thirty minutes on the phone with Iberia, Expedia and my credit card company, and still no refund. Each company claims they can do nothing and it is up to one of the others to rectify the matter.
If you book with an online travel agency, the OTA is the one who needs to give you your money back. Behind the scenes, they may need to get the money from the airline (if they have already passed it along). There's nothing you can do by contacting the airline.

Your credit card company is also irrelevant, unless you live in a country where chargebacks are common. (NOT Spain IME...)
Old Nov 16, 2020, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
There's nothing you can do by contacting the airline.
Except that Expedia says only the airline can fix it as "they have control of the ticket". Expedia also says they never have the money - they merely initiate a charge from the airline to the credit card.
And the credit card company (US based) says the airline denied the chargeback so I have to deal with the airline.
And Iberia says I have to deal with Expedia or the credit card company.
And so it goes on...................
Unbelievable.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 4:17 pm

Thanks mate!!
I booked with them and they were OK with the refund, they processes it and now they do no longer show in my IB+ profile. Hopefully I get the money soon (it was actually a succulent amount of money I can put somewhere else).

Cheers!
Old Nov 17, 2020, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Except that Expedia says only the airline can fix it as "they have control of the ticket". Expedia also says they never have the money - they merely initiate a charge from the airline to the credit card.
And the credit card company (US based) says the airline denied the chargeback so I have to deal with the airline.
And Iberia says I have to deal with Expedia or the credit card company.
And so it goes on...................
Unbelievable.
Expedia is lying to you... Unless you escalate to a manager you get very poorly-trained call centre agents.

Pre COVID I had a BA flight booked through Expedia cancelled. I had to call Expedia and Expedia had to process the refund...
Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Expedia is lying to you... Unless you escalate to a manager......
Yup, done that, several times!
Old Nov 19, 2020, 8:19 am

Thanks mate!!
I booked with them and they were OK with the refund, they processes it and now they do no longer show in my IB+ profile. Hopefully I get the money soon (it was actually a succulent amount of money I can put somewhere else).

Cheers!
Just got my money back, so all clear here. There are actually better prices now in AA now to get to Mad in J that what I paid to IB 10 months back... Let's try to benefit for the next visit to my home country!
Cheers!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.