Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Baggage allowance for Economy Basic LIS-ORY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold

I have BAEC Silver status and want to fly (non LCC) in late October on a relatively cheap flight (LIS - Paris). Iberia goes to Orly., which is fine
The Iberia Economy Basic indicates a carry-on only. Checked bag is an extra 20 Euros each way.
BUT, I cannot find on the Iberai website if I can check in a bag as BAEC Silver.
Anyone know? Where is that information?
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 7:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Yes, you will be able to check a bag up to 23kg.

The information is here:

https://www.iberia.com/gb/luggage/al...ceptionalcases

Rather confusingly, to find this out you need to click on 'Iberia Plus Customers'. You'll then see further information. In your case (3) applies:

(3) Iberia Plus Oro and oneworld Sapphire cardholders are allowed an additional item of luggage (23 kg) when their allowance is 0 to 1 bags.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jackr27
Yes, you will be able to check a bag up to 23kg.

The information is here:

https://www.iberia.com/gb/luggage/al...ceptionalcases

Rather confusingly, to find this out you need to click on 'Iberia Plus Customers'. You'll then see further information. In your case (3) applies:

(3) Iberia Plus Oro and oneworld Sapphire cardholders are allowed an additional item of luggage (23 kg) when their allowance is 0 to 1 bags.
Yes a bit confusing, but sure enough it is there.
Thank you! Not sure where you are from, but when I was a kid on the prairies, there sure were a lot of Jackrabbits around. Fast too...
jackr27 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Presumably you actually mean LIS-MAD and MAD-ORY on IB metal.

Yes, BA Silver card holders can check one bag for free. No... that doesn't mean that it will arrive to Paris...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.