Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB's catering & service during COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:58 pm

Has anyone flown in the last week who's happy to give an update on food/drink/washbag situation?

I'm on the 12:30am flight to Buenos Aires this week and want to work out if I should have some food before/a large red wine/get a washbag in Madrid!
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by AirbusA350
That Deliverfly thingy Iberia have is awfully buggy. Like most things on Iberia IT. They definitely did have a wider selection of alcohol when I looked for one of my flights a month or so ago. Just have a look a little closer to your flight maybe.
Thanks for your reply - flight is Friday and it’s still beer or nothing, so looks like they are going to miss out on a sale 🤷🏽‍♂️
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Data point:

LAX-MAD
Nov. 25, 2021
Airbus 332 Business - booked full.

No PBD's
3 meal choices of:
Beef - It was a shortrib type of beef with scalloped potatoes
Fish - salmon with a bean type of dish
Quinoa - didn't see.

Fish was excellent, beef so so. Free pouring drinks after leveling off. Starter was something odd, maybe a thin sliced chicken breast with stuff. Was really good. Nonstop bread, and cheese and dessert - an Opera Cake.
Breakfast was cold cuts or a omelet. Amenity kit that was worthless but I kept the small bag as I knew something for it. Great friendly service from an all male crew. Enjoyed the flight but not a fan of the flatbeds.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Hello,

I wanted to enquire about the types of alcoholic beverages Iberia is serving. Comments above suggest that beer and wine are the only options. My flight is in business from Chicago to Madrid on an A330.

Thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GFL, Iberia Plus Platino, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Not sure about long haul, but on domestic & European short haul IB have been offering a full bar (including after dinner drinks) for some time now.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:12 pm

Not sure about long haul, but on domestic & European short IB have been offering a full bar (including after dinner drinks) for some time now.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ramos
Not sure about long haul, but on domestic & European short IB have been offering a full bar (including after dinner drinks) for some time now.
I'm perplexed by this. I flew Iberia a week ago and it seems like the food was economy food and only wine/beer (I flew business class). It was the worst business experience I've had at any airline this year.
I2sky likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by AAL1
I'm perplexed by this. I flew Iberia a week ago and it seems like the food was economy food and only wine/beer (I flew business class). It was the worst business experience I've had at any airline this year.
So am I. I fly IB on a weekly basis (Short Haul or Domestic) in Business and can say that on board f&b is back to pre-covid levels, i.e. 3 course meal, coffee with chocolates, full bar and as many refills as you like. As with all airlines service can be a bit hit & miss, but in my experience has generally been pretty attentive.
SkyTeam777 and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:29 pm

Anyone know what economy catering between MAD & BCN will be? Will I be able to buy drinks and snacks? I had a look on the Iberia website but it didn’t seem to mention anything about a buy on board service. Thanks in advance
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by DynamicPulse
Anyone know what economy catering between MAD & BCN will be? Will I be able to buy drinks and snacks? I had a look on the Iberia website but it didn’t seem to mention anything about a buy on board service. Thanks in advance
no idea, but jus pack a snack and bring a bottle of water...only talking 1:15 flight
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:17 pm

I’m thinking more along the lines of alcohol 😂
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How does IB do the service on late-night departures long-haul? I have a PTY-MAD flight leaving at 1030pm. Is it bar cart, then main meal, then dessert/after-dinner drinks? or is it all served at once?
Is appetizer and salad course still separate or everything dumped on one tray these days? What about aperitif cart with olives or nuts? Is that still rolled out on a dual-tier trolley or is it all from an economy class-style cart now?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver

All one tray. Usually 3 options for main. After main meal they will offer tea or coffee. Pre departure drink is either champagne, juice or water.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond

HAM - MAD, early afternoon flight, chicken with veggies and potatos.
Taste was pretty good, although service was very slow to start with.
Eventually people started ringing the bell and asked for drinks as it seems nothing would happen for a while more
Only 1 Cava given out then "we do not have more", however plenty of white wine available. Sadly all only lukewarm...
Carfield likes this.

Last edited by SirToby; Feb 21, 2022 at 6:34 am Reason: cleared typos
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond

Short hop MAD - BCN, the food was still almost frozen when it was served.
At least this time it meant, the drinks were properly chilled
Carfield likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.