Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Quick Baggage Allowance Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:47 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Good Morning Pucci,

I think if I were you, next time, I'd go down to Waitrose for ready peeled prawns. Best Wishes for 2020. Mike.
Mike!

How lovely to hear from you! You've been here almost as long as I have! Actually, I live in Spain so I buy then here - and will be peeling them myself in future - for about €8.00 a kilo at Carrefour. I might add that you would be hard put to but stale fish here Spain. The quality is excellent. Take care and Happy Flights

PGxxxxx
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
FWIW my IB Basic ticket wasn't showing any checked bag allowance, despite having my BA status attached. I was still able to check in my bag as expected...
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:06 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by craigthemif
FWIW my IB Basic ticket wasn't showing any checked bag allowance, despite having my BA status attached. I was still able to check in my bag as expected...
Actually I should have mentioned that we could have done so on the way to Nantes in December. We did not as we did not need to. I had shopped in the meantime and it would not all ft in the hand baggage allowance. What I do not understand is how IB baggage delivery was quick and efficient on arrival at ALC and BA's baggage, also handled by Iberia. can take ages. Is this down to the use of hold bins on the A320s/319s?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 6:21 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Adding on to this thread for another quick baggage question: I am normally a *A flyer and have no status whatsoever on ow.

I am looking to use some expiring JL miles to redeem for an economy class ticket ZRH-MAD-BIO on IB. In Star Alliance, Economy award tickets are not considered "basic" and still come with 1 free checked bag. Is this also the case for this oneworld itinerary operated by IB? Or will they make me pay for my bag? Neither the JL nor the IB website were clear.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Bag included.
airoli likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.