Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling ticket

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
Cancelling ticket

I’m in need of some help. I purchased an Iberia business class ticket from Madrid to Montevideo via the Iberia website. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I have to cancel the trip. My fare rules state that I am entitled to a refund (with a 100 euro penalty). The problem is, I can’t find where to cancel my ticket online when I go into my booking. The only option available is to move my flight to another date. I tried writing to Iberia on their facebook and twitter but they have not responded in over 24 hours.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You need to telephone.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
I'm trying to find a phone number of theirs that actually works on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't understand that an airline of Iberia's size does not have a 24 hour, 7 days a week customer service contact.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Alchemist007
I'm trying to find a phone number of theirs that actually works on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't understand that an airline of Iberia's size does not have a 24 hour, 7 days a week customer service contact.
That is another issue. For whatever reason, many European carriers do not maintain 24/7 coverage (which is easily achieved by using an IVR which directs inbound calls from anywhere to a call center somewhere).
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:12 pm

But they do have 24/7 numbers. For instance, this is the US sales number (+1) 800-772-4642. For IB+ related issues, this number is also 24/7: +34 917 742 607 (as are the dedicated numbers for passengers with frequent flyer status).

Last edited by Yllanes; Nov 23, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It's almost 2020 and people still haven't figured out that they can Skype any IB+ phone number at all and get transferred to Madrid 24/7/365?

I understand if you need a specific local language - Japanese, German, whatever - but for English or Spanish it's really not an issue. Same applies for most airlines and hotel chains...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.