Wiki Posts
Search

Lima Sumaq Rant

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Lima Sumaq Rant

This is the first time I am using this lounge, it was in the past I used the ‘other’ Sumaq lounge holding Business Class tickets with LAN. Those days were busy lounges, but not much in terms of restrictions on what we could do.
Today, I am holding an Iberia Business ticket to Madrid, connecting in from La Paz via Cuzco, so I have been out already when I approach the lounge warden. I was much rudely told that I only had 3 maximum hours.

Oh wow, really? I can sit on your planes for 16 hours, but only 3 in your lounge?
Next bummer, the bar is attended. No self service. Only one red wine per Iberia customer, then pay.

Who agrees with me that something is seriously wrong, either with this sourced out lounge or something about IB mandating drink allowances?
more4less likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:09 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
At least you have access... For years LATAM C-class passengers didn't have access - it was reinstated only recently. The lounge situation might change when/if new terminal opens one day. For now it is yet another 'this is Latinoamerica' experience...
Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Different airline but last year I flew through Lima with Avianca in J and they did not have a lounge.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by IsleSeat
This is the first time I am using this lounge, it was in the past I used the ‘other’ Sumaq lounge holding Business Class tickets with LAN. Those days were busy lounges, but not much in terms of restrictions on what we could do.
Today, I am holding an Iberia Business ticket to Madrid, connecting in from La Paz via Cuzco, so I have been out already when I approach the lounge warden. I was much rudely told that I only had 3 maximum hours.

Oh wow, really? I can sit on your planes for 16 hours, but only 3 in your lounge?
Next bummer, the bar is attended. No self service. Only one red wine per Iberia customer, then pay.

Who agrees with me that something is seriously wrong, either with this sourced out lounge or something about IB mandating drink allowances?
I have been told the same a few times, in different lounges around the world. Usually nobody cares anymore once you are in.

Just say, yes of course and sit there as long as you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.