Is OW Sapphire now Grupo 4?

Old Aug 26, 19, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Is OW Sapphire now Grupo 4?

Just did an online check in for some IB flights, crediting to my AAdvantage account (OW Sapphire). While the boarding pass displays my AAdvantage number and notes 'Oro-Sapphire', and 'Fast Track' under 'Observations', I have been assigned to 'Grupo 4'. This is unusual. Normally I am in 'Grupo 1' or 'Priotrario' whenever I check in, regardless of the fare. Is this a new policy?
Old Aug 27, 19, 4:22 am

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by UKdiver View Post
Just did an online check in for some IB flights, crediting to my AAdvantage account (OW Sapphire). While the boarding pass displays my AAdvantage number and notes 'Oro-Sapphire', and 'Fast Track' under 'Observations', I have been assigned to 'Grupo 4'. This is unusual. Normally I am in 'Grupo 1' or 'Priotrario' whenever I check in, regardless of the fare. Is this a new policy?
Indeed unusual. If you flash your AA card at the boarding gate you will be able to use Grupo 1 no issue. IB IT.....never the best, and quite often pretty poor.
Old Sep 4, 19, 8:51 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Gold
Just wondering- were you able to board in Group 1 by showing your AA card? I'm Sapphire as well and have an upcoming flight on IB in October.
Planning ahead in case my status (using AA FF#) doesn't show up on my boarding pass.
Although, we're in PE. Isn't that Group 1?
Old Sep 5, 19, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
My AA ff#, correct status and ‘Fast Track’ did appear on the BPs, but with ‘Grupo 4’. I used the app the day before the flight with the same result. At the airport I asked for boarding passes to be reprinted, They were now showing ‘Grupo 1’. After the flights I got a response from their twitter team apologising for their delay in responding and asking ‘what happened?’
Old Oct 4, 19, 4:35 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Currently flying an award ticket as AA OWS. IB BP list Groupo 1

Search this Thread