Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Unable to find avios flights to Hanoi (HAN)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB+ Plata / LATAM Pass Black

Hello,

I was wondering if somebody could help me with this: I am totally unable to find avios redemption flights to Hanoi (HAN) from Madrid (MAD). Whatever the dates I choose it always comes up with this stupid error saying "there is no availability on the selected dates".

I have crosschecked with British Airways search engine and indeed I found plenty of MAD-HAN flights via DOH with Qatar Airways, available to book with Avios, but the price in avios is much higher that what is supposed to be by booking with Iberia, so this is why I don't want to book it via BA site.

So, it looks to me this is another bug of the horrendous Iberia website. What could I do in this situation? Would they be able to book it by phone? Any workaround or trick on the website I should be aware of?

Thanks for your support,

::WyGuN::
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Wygun
Hello,

I was wondering if somebody could help me with this: I am totally unable to find avios redemption flights to Hanoi (HAN) from Madrid (MAD). Whatever the dates I choose it always comes up with this stupid error saying "there is no availability on the selected dates".

I have crosschecked with British Airways search engine and indeed I found plenty of MAD-HAN flights via DOH with Qatar Airways, available to book with Avios, but the price in avios is much higher that what is supposed to be by booking with Iberia, so this is why I don't want to book it via BA site.

So, it looks to me this is another bug of the horrendous Iberia website. What could I do in this situation? Would they be able to book it by phone? Any workaround or trick on the website I should be aware of?

Thanks for your support,

::WyGuN::
Hi,

I would try by phone but the IB+ Avios needed on the for QR flights, at least in J, were extremely high, IIRC.

Good luck,
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You call, and when the agent is lazy and won't look for availability, you call again...
Eventually you will get frustrated and book with BA or another Oneworld ffp

Note that via IB+ your reward would be completely non-changeable and non-refundable.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB+ Plata / LATAM Pass Black
Thank you for your answers, I will try by phone. Wish me luck! :S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.