Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medical equipment

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:04 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions, both helpful and not so.
Looks as if I will be able to carry on the CPAP machine, and have the carry on taken at the aircraft door.
I guess my question is what do you do with the items that must stay with you, ie; cash, cc's, passports, other ID, medications, etc.?
Do you all feel comfortable either gate-checking or aircraft checking these items along with the carry on?
Just curious as I know I'm not the only person traveling with these items on small planes.
Thanks
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
You can always carry a small bag/backpack with important documents, cash and essential things such as medicines. In case you carry electronics such as laptops, they must travel with you in the cabin.

But isn't this common sense?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by tobsw
You can always carry a small bag/backpack with important documents, cash and essential things such as medicines. In case you carry electronics such as laptops, they must travel with you in the cabin.

But isn't this common sense?
Of course it is! However, you must admit, it is much simpler to travel with just ONE carry-on, as opposed to two-one to carry with at all times, the other able to be gate/aircraft checked when space does not permit. Have never had to gate/aircraft check items in my previous 14 trips abroad, hence my questions. And yes there are other items that should go into the second bag-spare glasses, and other items used in flight on bigger planes to be more comfortable.
So, not such an obvious or silly question in the least.... just a snarky answer.
Thank you
Old Jan 25, 2020, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by tnt10
Of course it is! However, you must admit, it is much simpler to travel with just ONE carry-on, as opposed to two-one to carry with at all times, the other able to be gate/aircraft checked when space does not permit. Have never had to gate/aircraft check items in my previous 14 trips abroad, hence my questions. And yes there are other items that should go into the second bag-spare glasses, and other items used in flight on bigger planes to be more comfortable.
So, not such an obvious or silly question in the least.... just a snarky answer.
Thank you
You don't need to carry 2 items. You can carry your trolly, and put a cloth bag inside - for all the cases when your carry on bag needs to go in the hold: you take your bag and put all essential/necessary items inside it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.