Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Not able to book MAD to LIS on US Iberia website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold

Hello! I'm trying to book MAD to LIS from the US, and I keep getting an error message saying that I need to book this over the phone. Is this because I am located in the US and trying to book flights within the EU with no US origination? (When I use Google Flights to direct me, it will allow me to book on Iberia's EU website in Euros, but I'm a little concerned about doing this.)

As mentioned, if I say that I am located in Spain, then I can book using Euros as the currency. If I tell the website that I am in the US, I get this message:

Sorry, we can't show you the flights

JSON_MAPPING_EXCEPTION

Yes, I could pick up the phone and call Iberia, but I thought perhaps the wise folks at FlyerTalk would know what the trouble might be.

Thank you!

Last edited by onetess; Oct 8, 2018 at 6:27 pm
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:25 pm

IB site can be flakey. Can you open an incognito window or private window and try again?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rrgg
IB site can be flakey. Can you open an incognito window or private window and try again?
Thanks for the response. I've tried in several browsers with no luck, and also finally did call Iberia, who claimed that there shouldn't be any issues. I guess I'll try again tomorrow and if not, book in Euros!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
If you are that concerned about paying in Euros for whatever reason, then try expedia.com (US website) or similar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.