Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst Customer Service Ever

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Indeed. This is why we can't have pretty things.

I'm reminded of a few hotel chain situations. Gifts for requalifying for status. Targeted promos, etc. The backlash from those not included was so massive that the chains just decided that nobody would get anything special going forward.

Whether or not this promo works out roughly as Iberia intended, we know with 99% certainty that they will never ever again open themselves to such venomous criticism simply for giving their loyal members a nice bonus.
Hilton and SPG still does targeted very lucrative promotion you can enroll only if you email is in the db of the promotion... nobody complain and everybody agree that it's a company decision / marketing stuff. Here it's another topic, I don't feel guilty of anything, I have participated without any fraud, respecting the T&C of the promotion... sorry to justify myself but sounds quite logical. And I can tell you something, Iberia miss a great opportunity to bright and gain new customers. Result: they have make their own customers upset, they have shown to the new customers a quite crappy face : poor communication, no customer support, rude people on the phone who don't know what they are talking about, little respect for privacy of data, inefficient social media team and social media support (average answer time : 1 week), and when you receive the miles you face IT issues with the worst airline site ever. Sorry but Iberia missed an opportunity and the only one they can blame are their marketing, communication, support and IT team... and management who allow such mess or are not even aware of what happens. Like it or not but sounds a quite realistic analysis of the situation.
PS : I don't care about Iberia and they are not convenient for none of my travel plans... so I have nothing against them, I just look at the facts and analyse.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
Result: they have make their own customers upset, they have shown to the new customers a quite crappy face
They haven't made their own customers upset, though. Looks like they (like the OP) got their points with no problem. The new non-costumers are only having to verify their identity and to wait a little bit for an (over) generous promotion.
cruisr and craigthemif like this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Yllanes
They haven't made their own customers upset, though. Looks like they (like the OP) got their points with no problem. The new non-costumers are only having to verify their identity and to wait a little bit for an (over) generous promotion.
Better you don't talk about what you don't know, check twitter and here, you will understand the whole story.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:48 am

I have been reading these threads, because the level of outrage is comical. I understand the situation well enough.
DELLAS, more4less and craigthemif like this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yllanes
I have been reading these threads, because the level of outrage is comical. I understand the situation well enough.
Great you have been entertained. You work for Iberia or got shares in the company no?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

But guys, if this thread that I have created does not suit your taste, you can move on and check out.
Nobody oblige you to stay here.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
How many additional posts do you plan to open with your rant against Iberia? You must be very very frustrated!

Impossible to book partners
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
How many additional posts do you plan to open with your rant against Iberia? You must be very very frustrated!

Impossible to book partners
Eventually we'll recover the Iberia board.

I suspect that will involve being helpful to those who are genuinely looking for help, and ignoring those who want to rant against Iberia. Putting the OP into my "ignore list" has been a good place to start...
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Ignore list is a good solution. you are right, I do the same when not interested.
I created 2 thread for 2 different problems, sounds logical no?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by frenchft
If you don't care about the privacy of your data : your problem. We in Europe we care, sorry.
Just to make it clear: frenchft does not represent Europe. Greetings from the Netherlands. Let me know if you are ever around, sounds like a lot of fun to have a drink with you :-)
cruisr, DELLAS, petey2428 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gnargel
Just to make it clear: frenchft does not represent Europe. Greetings from the Netherlands. Let me know if you are ever around, sounds like a lot of fun to have a drink with you :-)
of course, will come on an Iberia flight... lot of fun too
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by gnargel
Just to make it clear: frenchft does not represent Europe.
^

frenchft even lives at a location with a non-existing airport: DBX

cruisr likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
^

frenchft even lives at a location with a non-existing airport: DBX

French made a typo and French lives full time at the hotel travelling non stop with 100+ segments a year and French really don't care about your crappy comments. If you are not happy with this thread, again : LEAVE IT. Period.

With Love from beautiful DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.