Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst Customer Service Ever

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Worst Customer Service Ever

Is it because of the promotion or it's something normal with Iberia? They never answer email and on the phone they don't want to deal with avios promotion.
Twitter and facebook are useless to.
Is it how this airline work ?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by frenchft
Is it because of the promotion or it's something normal with Iberia? They never answer email and on the phone they don't want to deal with avios promotion.
Yes.
kaka and ajeleonard like this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:04 am

Even before this promotion, Iberia was not known for good customer service (both on the air and on the ground).
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes. It has always been this bad, with the occasional bright spot via social media.

If you skipped the promo, you can quite rightly blame Iberia Plus for making things worse with a poorly thought-through promo.

If you joined in the promo without doing your research first, you can only blame yourself...
cruisr, kaka and DELLAS like this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes. It has always been this bad, with the occasional bright spot via social media.

If you skipped the promo, you can quite rightly blame Iberia Plus for making things worse with a poorly thought-through promo.

If you joined in the promo without doing your research first, you can only blame yourself...
indeed, I will never fly with them for sure, I can't imagine the pain with delays, luggage problems or anything... could be a real frustrating nightmare to deal with such people
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I’m not a fan of Iberia, but I have flown with them a few times on EX-EU’s to Johannesburg, usually because they have had great fares.

Mom several occasions I have had schedule changes which were not acceptable to me for various reasons, and had no problem with agreeing alternative arrangements.

On all all those occasions I’ve had nothing but superb and friendly service from nearly all the staff I have interacted with. Telephone Customer Services. Checkin. On-board. In the lounges in Madrid.

So so I cannot agree that there CS is ALWAYS poor.

Last edited by Cris L; Jul 11, 2018 at 9:05 am
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Customer service as far as airline operations is pretty adequate. I imagine they just aren't putting too much priority to people who clearly just signed up for IB+ for this promotion as it's not like they are valuable customers that would have flown with them otherwise.

Overall, I'd say Iberia is a pretty adequate airline overall. It's generally pretty good but won't win any awards. Obviously the airline of choice for those of us that live in Madrid.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: AA Exp
You are talking about the company swamped by emails, call, tweets, etc. that gave you 90.000 Avios after only having to spend < 300 EUR and send a copy of your passport? Think they are doing a really fine job.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gnargel
You are talking about the company swamped by emails, call, tweets, etc. that gave you 90.000 Avios after only having to spend < 300 EUR and send a copy of your passport? Think they are doing a really fine job.
Pathetic comment... you missed the promotion, this is why you look so frustrated?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Exp
Pathetic comment... you missed the promotion, this is why you look so frustrated?
Thank you for your kind response. Do you only have one setting: angry?

I most certainly have skin in the game (see the other thread you frequent).

I genuinely do not understand why you are so angry at Iberia. Yes, they are overwhelmed, yes their communications could have been better. But they appear to be the good guys here. They appear to be honoring the deal. Just give them some time to fix this. Stop spamming them, stop it with the GDPR threats. Just give them some time.

There have been plenty of airlines that decided not to honor deals, that cancelled tickets months after booking. As soon as Iberia starts doing that, go ahead and be angry.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

I genuinely do not understand why you are so angry at Iberia. Yes, they are overwhelmed, yes their communications could have been better. But they appear to be the good guys here. They appear to be honoring the deal. Just give them some time to fix this. Stop spamming them, stop it with the GDPR threats. Just give them some time.

There have been plenty of airlines that decided not to honor deals, that cancelled tickets months after booking. As soon as Iberia starts doing that, go ahead and be angry.
Indeed. This is why we can't have pretty things.

I'm reminded of a few hotel chain situations. Gifts for requalifying for status. Targeted promos, etc. The backlash from those not included was so massive that the chains just decided that nobody would get anything special going forward.

Whether or not this promo works out roughly as Iberia intended, we know with 99% certainty that they will never ever again open themselves to such venomous criticism simply for giving their loyal members a nice bonus.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
indeed, I will never fly with them for sure, I can't imagine the pain with delays, luggage problems or anything... could be a real frustrating nightmare to deal with such people
No being snarky, just stating a fact. Iberia does not care if you ever fly with them again. You never had an account with them, sounds as if you have never flown them before and are only flying them now due to this promotion. If you never fly them again after redeeming miles, they will not feel the lose.
craigthemif and johnwooz like this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:49 am
Original Poster

I have received my miles... but can't spend them... so believe me I will not give up. Sorry. you work for them? Your wife maybe?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cruisr

No being snarky, just stating a fact. Iberia does not care if you ever fly with them again. You never had an account with them, sounds as if you have never flown them before and are only flying them now due to this promotion. If you never fly them again after redeeming miles, they will not feel the lose.
Indeed. And we all agree that they are responsible for the mess happening to them right now, this kind of promotion should be targeted... I don't know who imagined at Iberia that this kind of lucrative promotion will not make the buzz.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:52 am
Original Poster

If you don't care about the privacy of your data : your problem. We in Europe we care, sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.