Wiki Posts
Search

IB90k promo - where are YOU going :) ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ImageMan
These just need to be booked by Dec 1 or do you have to travel before Dec 1?
booked by. You can travel after 1 December.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Is there a way to add a stop over flying BA . My transit point is LHR , I would like to stay there for 2 nights and carry on with my journey . BA avios always gives you that option but cant figure out how to do this with IB , Any tips?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
North Europe to MAD with LHR connection Y and J(22,5k Avios) continuning MAD-GRU in J(62,5 Avios peak season). Sucks that IB does not show and offer AY flights, but BA does. I would chose a different route.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but any hints on award availability? I'm showing availability for a particular date I want of MAD-ORD on AA, but not on IB's site. Is this common?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Everything I know I register myself in
Originally Posted by bworrell
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but any hints on award availability? I'm showing availability for a particular date I want of MAD-ORD on AA, but not on IB's site. Is this common?
Test availability on BA website.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Dfralmeida
Test availability on BA website.
It's not showing as available on BA. I guess AA is showing phantom availability? I'm guessing it would fail when I try to book?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Question regarding booking JL: I need to book an open jaw and I see the availability I want on BA. Is there any reason why I shouldn't just transfer my IB points to BA and book from there so I don't have to speak with an agent? There are four of us traveling and I'm assuming between that and the open jaw, a call to IB may take some time??

In case its relevant, I have no BA points and my only activity in IB are these promotional avios. I would need to transfer some ultimate rewards points to IB or BA to reach the total amount of avios that I need.

Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's not showing as available on BA. I guess AA is showing phantom availability? I'm guessing it would fail when I try to book?
Is it a MileSAAver award on AA? They are the only ones that get released to IB, BA or anyone else in oneworld. It would also need to be a return ticket too.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
I'm seeing one way MAD-JFK (on AA) , is it safe too book?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
I'm seeing one way MAD-JFK (on AA) , is it safe too book?
how do you mean? if you mean you spotted reward availability on aa.com and are you going to find the same on IB I think that's true only if it is a MileSAAver award as noted above. other than that i am sure it's fine to book.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Is it a MileSAAver award on AA? They are the only ones that get released to IB, BA or anyone else in oneworld. It would also need to be a return ticket too.
I'm trying to book IB metal. It's showing as available on AA.com but not on BA or IB.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Sep 21, 2018 at 12:45 pm Reason: error
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm trying to book IB metal. It's showing as available on AA.com but not on BA or IB.
I can't see the dates you are looking for, but for example on 17 October I see all 3 classes available. It seems unlikely that AA would offer availability and not IB, on their own metal.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I can't see the dates you are looking for, but for example on 17 October I see all 3 classes available. It seems unlikely that AA would offer availability and not IB, on their own metal.
I don't understand either.

It's MAD-ORD on Dec 9 for two people. Here's what AA shows:

Here's IB:

And here's BA:
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Booked 3.5 round trips in AA business (and a throw away inbound in economy) worth ~$1,900 for exactly 90,000 avios.

Thanks IB!
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
Booked 3.5 round trips in AA business (and a throw away inbound in economy) worth ~$1,900 for exactly 90,000 avios.

Thanks IB!
2 quick questions please. Did you have any credit card issues booking AA flights on IB's website or did you call in? How long did it take for IB to ticket a partner award flight?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.