Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
How are we supposed to know?! I would use the account you used for purchasing the tickets as that is what was written in the T&C. But that is just my personal opinion.
Thanks for the quick reply, was hoping somebody had similar issues and resolved them...

The email at least seems to suggest that the avios can still acquired with the account that wasn't canceled, but I'm no native, so I might be misinterpreting things

Last edited by r3vil; Jul 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
My 2 cents. This has been an incredible promotion. Iberia has fulfilled its promise. AVIOS have been posting in most of the accounts, people (we, us) are using those AVIOS to issue tickets. I think we have to applaud this promotion, the execution, the way they have replied to MOST requests. I imagine they have tens of thousands of calls, tweets, direct messages, messages in Facebook, etc, etc....they must be overwhelmed by anxious people driving the employees nuts. Seeing that this is moving forward well I think we should be patient and expect the best.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Successfully booked SYD-SIN on BA one way for 50k points in J on exactly the day I wanted. Too bad F is not available. Route is 3900 miles so just under 4000 band. Taxes & fees 143 euros (AU has low YQ on BA)... worked out brilliantly
davm666 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by chejus
My 2 cents. This has been an incredible promotion. Iberia has fulfilled its promise. AVIOS have been posting in most of the accounts, people (we, us) are using those AVIOS to issue tickets. I think we have to applaud this promotion, the execution, the way they have replied to MOST requests. I imagine they have tens of thousands of calls, tweets, direct messages, messages in Facebook, etc, etc....they must be overwhelmed by anxious people driving the employees nuts. Seeing that this is moving forward well I think we should be patient and expect the best.
you got stats? because most of the people and there received nothing... and are facing the crappy Iberia IT and useless support. Good for you to get the miles, but I'm pretty sure the majority of people are still trying to sort this out and I can tell you that Iberia CS does not help.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fu841u6
I got duplicate account cause stupid autofill function filled in a second surname for me while creating my first account. Since personal details couldn't be modified i then went ahead to create another one using a different document number with all other personal details including email being the same. I then booked 10 flights using this account. While it makes sense deleting the duplicated account, they should delete the one that has 0 activity and not the one with 10 bookings...(or if both has made several bookings, delete either of them). In my case, it's obvious that duplicate accounts were unintentionally created. If they are giving avios to the "original account that are active", I don't see why not giving the avios to my account with 10 flight bookings. My account was completely legit and it would be ridiculous not crediting avios to it.
I'm in exactly your position. Accidentally created multiple accounts due to their stupid site, but only booked with the last account made. But all that's left is the first account with no bookings under it. Oh well, at least they're offering a refund. I will be more careful next time.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
you got stats? because most of the people and there received nothing... and are facing the crappy Iberia IT and useless support. Good for you to get the miles, but I'm pretty sure the majority of people are still trying to sort this out and I can tell you that Iberia CS does not help.
Folks were warned about this when the deal was posted. Iberia is known to have bad IT (outside of possibly Alaska what airline has good IT?) and poor customer support (I honestly think Iberia's CSRs were better during this than their reputation). You should have been well aware of the risks going in. Bottom line all these new customers are not a priority to Iberia they have an airline to run and the amount these customers that are likely to be converted to profitable paying customer in the future (even if Iberia's IT and CSRs were up to snuff) is going to be vanishing small. Yes Iberia could have handled this better in any number of ways but honestly this has gone a lot better than I thought it would at the outset.
DELLAS and SPiKA85 like this.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Jul 5, 2018 at 7:49 am
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:02 am

I somehow accidently entered my surname twice when making my IB+ account, so my passport doesn't match my name exactly. Passport number and everything else is correct, its just my surname is duplicated basically. Will update if I am given extra issues because of this, I hope not. Have sent in my documents and explained my issue as well in that email, so heres to hoping it works out.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by rubiohiguey
I am in the 100% exactly the same situation. I was not contacted by Iberia at all, I sent 3 emails, one after booking, to which they replied last Thursday that the bookings had IB+ number included, one with passport and form (received autoreply), and one with passport +form + pdf etickets (received no auto reply). I resent the last email again from a different email address about 30 minutes ago and still no auto reply. I also called several times, and was told to just wait and call them in 72 hours after sending my email. So we seem to be in the very same black hole together.

As a data point, posters could say which country they have account registered in and on which country site they booked. In my case: US / US.
Finally got email from Iberia asking for ID and e-tickets. Shortly after that email I got autoreply to the email with the very same documentation I sent yesterday. Maybe they set up filters on their email servers and are only accepting emails from unlocked IB+ account and the looked IB+ account they already sorted through and sent the docs request email out?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by quitecryptic
I somehow accidently entered my surname twice when making my IB+ account, so my passport doesn't match my name exactly. Passport number and everything else is correct, its just my surname is duplicated basically. Will update if I am given extra issues because of this, I hope not. Have sent in my documents and explained my issue as well in that email, so heres to hoping it works out.
A handful of us created new accounts and all ended up with surname twice, so I'm assuming that's a standard issue. I responded to the email with the passport info but kept it to the issue at hand rather than getting into the repeated surname issue. Keep things simple ... one issue at a time.

And, while I'm disappointed they didn't give us an earlier email, this new process seems reasonable and I don't mind if they get rid of fraudulent accounts as all the ones I'm involved in are with legitimate people who purchased in accordance with the T&C.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zeer0
I'm in exactly your position. Accidentally created multiple accounts due to their stupid site, but only booked with the last account made. But all that's left is the first account with no bookings under it. Oh well, at least they're offering a refund. I will be more careful next time.
Same here!
Just sent the following e-mail today, along with passport scan, PIN form and the 10 e-tickets...
We will see how it goes...
Any constructive criticism and/or fresh ideas would be greatly appreciated :-)

8XXXXXX1 - 8XXXXXX8 - Duplicate account problem

SteamyUncle<[email protected]>

3:07 PM (1 hour ago)
to clasica

Dear Sir,

This account 8XXXXXX1 has been created with the wrong name "STEAMY UNCLE EAU"
My good account is the one created after 8XXXXXX8 with my correct name "STEAMY UNCLE".
I made 10 bookings on 8XXXXXX8.
The problem is that Iberia cancelled 8XXXXXX8, which has the 10 bookings, and kept 8XXXXXX1, which has never been used.
Can you either cancel 8XXXXXX1 and reinstate 8XXXXXX8 or transfer the bookings from 8XXXXXX8 to 8XXXXXX1 so that I get the points from the promotion?

I know it is complicated and I am very sorry...

Thanking you very much in advance,
Kind Regards,
SteamyUncle
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Folks were warned about this when the deal was posted. Iberia is known to have bad IT (outside of possibly Alaska what airline has good IT?) and poor customer support (I honestly think Iberia's CSRs were better during this than their reputation). You should have been well aware of the risks going in. Bottom line all these new customers are not a priority to Iberia they have an airline to run and the amount these customers that are likely to be converted to profitable paying customer in the future (even if Iberia's IT and CSRs were up to snuff) is going to be vanishing small. Yes Iberia could have handled this better in any number of ways but honestly this has gone a lot better than I thought it would at the outset.

Well, if your expectations were that Iberia would engage in fraud and refuse to honor their promotion, then yes, the promotion is going better than you would have thought it would. So far I have seen no evidence of fraud or malice.

But those of us who saw that Iberia is a large and legitimate company had every right to expect they would not create a promotion which is being run as if the creators were from some little startup company with no knowledge of marketing.

This was not anything like various mistake fares, which any reasonable person should well expect would not ultimately be honored. This was a promotion with terms that were created by Iberia, and one should have expected them to run it in a sufficiently professional manner to enable them to meet those terms.

This was management decision problem, and a marketing decision problem, not an IT problem (even if IT weaknesses later did contribute to the magnitude of the mess).

Any knowledgable airline marketer would have understood that decades of data on previous promotions shows what should have been obvious without data - that some percentage of participants in a promotion will always try and find ways to increase their advantage.

And creating false accounts is one of the most obvious and well known ways.

All Iberia had to do to avoid this self-created mess was to implement the need for anyone wishing to create a new Iberia Plus account to provide documentation with their application. If they really wanted to play it safe, they could have extended that requirement to existing members, too. True, it would have triggered some grumbling, bt it would have saved them the widespread irritation and even anger that this promotion has engendered, which is obviously not the result that Iberia hoped for.

So no, I don’t give Iberia gratitude for having met the least of their obligations by giving what they promised - especially since it is now only going to a subset of IP members, which enables those lucky members an extended first choice of limited award tickets, and shutting out the rest of us for who knows how long.

I have faithfully followed all terms or the promotion, but have received no Avios. The same for my wife, who also opened an account. Worse, until this morning I had received no emails at all from Iberia with any instructions on how to unblock my account. Worse, they never even let me know it was blocked, either by email or by a notification at my Iberia membership page on their website. All I knew about the problems have been gleaned from the posts of FlyerTalk members, the efforts of whom have been most appreciated.

And since I was receiving no instructions, I’ve been forced to keep calling Iberia Plus, where I have received contradictory and untrue information. First I was told by a rep who checked my account that it was not blocked. Untrue.

A later call revealed that it was blocked, but that a simple PIN change would unblock it. Untrue.

A later call said that I had to do nothing because my account was in good order. Untrue. And that I would receive the Avios in a day or two. Untrue.

Then I sent them their form and my passport, the need for which I only found out about from reading FlyerTalk. But Iberia says they never received it, even after having sent it 4 times from 4 different internet providers, all of which are working perfectly for everyone else except Iberia.

Then I found out from FlyerTalk alone that Iberia wanted the purchased tickets, to, so I dutifully sent them also. But after having failed to receive any auto-confirmation, I felt I had to call Iberia yet again. The rep told me they’d never been received. But after a painful 20 minute exchange she finally found that they had been received after all.

All of this has made what should have been an experience creating positive feelings about Iberia into a greatly negative experience.

And I still have nothing to give me confidence that I will ever receive the Avios that I spent hundreds of dollars to get.

Or that when I finally do, that all the award tickets I have been watching won’t have been already snapped up by those lucky enough not to have been disadvantaged by Iberia in this promotion.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
This was a well run promotion. Just because a minority are having issues as with lots of promotions on other airlines does not make IB crappy or useless. How many IB flights have you taken in the last 2 years? You just are angry because YOU got nothing yet and so need to vent your usual anger the same way you do with other threads! Maybe treat the CSRs with respect and they might do something to help you. With an attitude like yours no wonder you are still waiting. You are of very little importance to IB considering you just want to get your miles and run. The way you are posting one would think your are a Platino card holder !
Yllanes likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by rje444
Well, if your expectations were that Iberia would engage in fraud and refuse to honor their promotion, then yes, the promotion is going better than you would have thought it would. So far I have seen no evidence of fraud or malice.
No I didn't expect fraud I have just been around the block on a few of these great promotions and there are always bumps in the road on these, every single time. In the end I expect everybody here will be made whole one way or the other (either points or refund). Some will have to work harder than others that is just the way it is. Companies just like people aren't perfect and often fall short of our expectations. Such is life.

Pro tip: Any special deal that is on 10s of blogs is going to have issues guaranteed no matter who the company is.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
No I didn't expect fraud I have just been around the block on a few of these great promotions and there are always bumps in the road on these, every single time. In the end I expect everybody here will be made whole one way or the other (either points or refund). Some will have to work harder than others that is just the way it is. Companies just like people aren't perfect and often fall short of our expectations. Such is life.
I would say you seem unusually tolerant of incompetence.
And that a very large number of people are feeling a lot less good about the results of that incompetence by Iberia.

Some here are trying to quantify the unhappy people as a small number, but I suspect it is a very large but quietly seething number.

But irregardless of the number, Iberia cannot be happy with having run a promotion that is creating less goodwill toward their brand instead of more.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by rje444
I would say you seem unusually tolerant of incompetence.
And that a very large number of people are feeling a lot less good about the results of that incompetence by Iberia.
Hardly I sat this one out exactly because I didn't want to deal with Iberia's IT or incompetence (though I honestly probably would have been fine with an aged Iberia+ account that had actual flight credits). I have chased other promotions with other carriers and I was not terribly inclined to do it again. I have other ways to generate miles albeit at somewhat higher cost and I stuck to those since they are less painful and a known quantity. I also didn't like the 12/1 expiration date since I already have a good portion of my 2019 travel scheduled.

I understand folks frustrations because I have been there before. My point is not that it isn't frustrating but that folks should have known there absolutely would be issues. If you cannot stand the heat stay out of kitchen.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Jul 5, 2018 at 9:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.