Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit Iberia Plus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Original Routing Credit Iberia Plus

Hello together,

does Iberia offer original routing credit?

My case is the following: I was booked on AA from EWR-CLT-LAX in I class (300 elite points). Now I am booked on JFK-LAX direct in I (225 elite points). I would of course like to claim the missing 75 elite points.

Does anyone haver experiences with this? Otherwise I ll push AA to get on a different flight.

Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
In general you can't claim ORC if the change happens in advance, because you are deemed to have accepted the changes. That's with BA though. I shudder to think how IB+ would deal with ORC.

If the Elite Points are important, talk to AA and work out a different connecting itinerary.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Ok, so quick data point: I took the direct AA flight (nothing else was available). I asked the AA agent to annotate the ticket with an involuntary change note. After a week or so IB oro service replied and said that ORC would be granted. They currently wait for confirmation from AA.
I would end up 5 elite points short of platino if ORC is not granted in the end. The oro service told me I would usually receive the status anyway. Hope everything works out.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Today ORC posted in my IB account, both Elite Points and Avios. Was a smooth process. Took about a month.
harri and csycsycsy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.