Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Delay Am I entitled to compensation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Delay Am I entitled to compensation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by LPQ
It was indeed the flight that caused a knock on effect. Three flights later I was on board and it didn't arrive in time for my connection. This created a 12 hour delay to arrival.

I think that the airline took an operational decision not to substitute planes to remove the delay and thus should not be able to use exceptional reasons on a flight several rotations earlier.
If Iberia has told you that the delay is because of exceptional circumstances and thus not eligible but you believe otherwise, I think your next step is to submit a complaint to AESA: http://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/. They will ask IB for an official report on the actual cause of the delay. You should have a negative response from Iberia in writing that you can attach to the AESA complaint.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:58 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Will do. Thanks for the advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.