Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Delay Am I entitled to compensation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Hello

I recently took a flight from TLV-MAD.

After the flight took off, it returned back to TLV 15 minutes later due to engine trouble.

I was meant to transit in MAD and continue onto BOS with Iberia

The flight eventually took off again 10 hours later. Obviously I missed my connection.

I have written to Iberia to claim delay compensation based on European Law. They have rejected my claim three times based on the fact that my flight had taken-off on time, however it arrived over 10 hours late

Should I continue to pursue and who can I complain too as Iberia are not budging

Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Iberia always make up excuses to not pay EU261 compensation.

You either pass your case over to a company that handles it for a cut - or you try to handle the legal process yourself. I can't recall off-hand the process in Spain but I'm sure one of the IB regulars will be along to enlighten you.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:45 am
Original Poster

any suggestions for companies who have a good track record with Iberia?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: IB+ Plata / LATAM Pass Black
Originally Posted by malbum
any suggestions for companies who have a good track record with Iberia?
As others have said, Iberia will never pro-actively acknowledge EU261 appliance whatever happened to your flight.

I've used in the past http://www.reclamatuvuelo.com/

20% cut and all contact by e-mail. Finally Iberia went for an agreement with the lawyer before going to court, so a win-win for everybody.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:15 pm

deleted

Last edited by SvenAge; Oct 25, 2017 at 5:47 pm Reason: deleted
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:59 am
Original Poster

So an update....

1) I got a ruling from AESA in my favor that I should be compensated 600 Euro. Iberia have not acknowledged this and not responding to me via the customer service ticket website

2) I tried reclamatuvuelo site as suggested but they will not process my claim as I am not a Spanish resident

Can anyone who had success recommend something?
thanks
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
How long has it been for the customer service response. I believe they have 2 weeks to respond.

Otherwise Twitter might be a surprisingly good option.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by malbum
So an update....

1) I got a ruling from AESA in my favor that I should be compensated 600 Euro. Iberia have not acknowledged this and not responding to me via the customer service ticket website

2) I tried reclamatuvuelo site as suggested but they will not process my claim as I am not a Spanish resident

Can anyone who had success recommend something?
thanks
Try with another claim agency, I understand that there are several
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I am hoping someone can suggest one that has handled claims with Iberia in the past
Old May 14, 2018, 7:55 am
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
I notice that the EC Regulations require Iberia to notify customers of their rights. The website makes no mention of compensation. So it may take action through the governing authorities before Iberia act fairly and in accordance with the law.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by LPQ
I notice that the EC Regulations require Iberia to notify customers of their rights. The website makes no mention of compensation. So it may take action through the governing authorities before Iberia act fairly and in accordance with the law.
It's the little placard at the counter which sufficies.

But, in any event, it is of no matter. The NEB's don't do anything and compensation doesn't change.
Old May 18, 2018, 3:07 am

I've used AirHelp in the past. Their fees are lower than of other agencies and they were able to claim compensation for me from LATAM, Air France and Iberia.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:08 pm
LPQ

Hi fellow FTers.

Does anyone know of a resource that I can use to identify the cause of a delay? I'm interested in the cause of delay on IB1515 BCN-MAD 07 May scheduled departure 15.15 actual departure 17.08. The captain states it was a technical delay but Customer Services states otherwise.

Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
For a delay of that length you would not receive compensation, unless it affected an onward connection on the same booking.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:57 pm
LPQ

It was indeed the flight that caused a knock on effect. Three flights later I was on board and it didn't arrive in time for my connection. This created a 12 hour delay to arrival.

I think that the airline took an operational decision not to substitute planes to remove the delay and thus should not be able to use exceptional reasons on a flight several rotations earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.