Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amazing Avis Avios Deal

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:54 pm

Black friday campain award

Hello guys, I am new to this form and I wanted to say hello. Since you are discussing the latest Avis/IB promotions, I wanted to share with you my experience so far.

As sunshinebob (I suppose), I have recieved a "Black friday campain award". I understand this to be the part of the 10 million Avios raffle because if you divide the number of Avios by number of Avios "in play" [10 million - 1 million (special prize) = 9 million), the result is an even number, even though the number of Avios recieved is "uneven". I think that is not an coincidance.

Otherwise, I am waiting for the 5k Avios per black friday rental and the 9k Avios for the long week promotion on the weekend of the 8th-10th of Dec.

I will keep you posted if more Avios arrive.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by jongesander
Also received 9.700 for the 8/9/10 weekend. Don't know if this is just the regular 700 + 9000 for long weekends or just 700 + 2000 LW + 5000 Black Friday + 2000 "lottery".
I think, this is just the regular 700 + 9000 lw.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by ravayo
As sunshinebob (I suppose), I have recieved a "Black friday campain award". I understand this to be the part of the 10 million Avios raffle because if you divide the number of Avios by number of Avios "in play" [10 million - 1 million (special prize) = 9 million), the result is an even number, even though the number of Avios recieved is "uneven".
I understood that there were 10 prizes of a million avios for each day between the 1st and the 10th. There were definitely multiple photos on social media of folks holding their million avios award "cheques".

There were two promotions running alongside each other and I am unsure what was on offer in detail. I do know that there was 5000 for the black friday promo with no minimum rental period however I recieved more than this (and not complaining)...
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I understood that there were 10 prizes of a million avios for each day between the 1st and the 10th. There were definitely multiple photos on social media of folks holding their million avios award "cheques".

There were two promotions running alongside each other and I am unsure what was on offer in detail. I do know that there was 5000 for the black friday promo with no minimum rental period however I recieved more than this (and not complaining)...
How much avios did you get?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob

The 10 prizes of 1 million each in December was a different promotion. Black friday was 5000 per rental plus a 10 million points raffle with a special prize of 1 million. Expat talked about it further above:

Originally Posted by Expat_852
One downside (or upside for those looking for share of the 10m Avios) is the limited rental window... Reserve your car with Avis from November 24 to 27 for rentals from November 27 to December 14 and get a minimum of 5,000 Avios and enter the 10 Million Avios shared lottery. AVIS & IBERIA PLUS BLACK FRIDAY PROMOTION
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Just posting to say I still never got my black Friday avios. Is anyone else still in the same situation?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Just posting to say I still never got my black Friday avios. Is anyone else still in the same situation?
Jep, I've already send an email to them. Still have no idea how much avios I'll get.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jongesander
Jep, I've already send an email to them. Still have no idea how much avios I'll get.
Did you email Iberia or Avis?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Are there any interesting Avis Avios deals going on at the moment? Just wondering if something flew over my head because I have to make a reservation shortly.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Yes, I am still waiting as well. However, there is no need to be worried about it yet, as the conditions read that it could take up to 8 weeks till they credited it to the IB Plus account.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
Are there any interesting Avis Avios deals going on at the moment? Just wondering if something flew over my head because I have to make a reservation shortly.
There is currently no special Avis Avios promotion, other than the regular one (usually 700 Avios). However, there is a SAS Eurobonus Avis promotion that might be more interesting (10.000 Points, 3 days min, min Cat. C)
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for this info! I went and booked 5 days in Tenerife for EUR73 at Thrifty via rentalcars.com, clicking through my TopBonus account. Can you believe it? It would appear to be crazy to collect miles in a dead FFP, but there are a couple of partners that might offer an interesting redemption possibility a little later on (Germania, bmi Regional) and I need to add a few miles up to a round figure. The other thing, which is the main issue, is that I am getting so pissed off with having to chase up miles that are never credited when promotions are offered. Avis is a major culprit for this, as well as Budget's crap relation with Lufthansa. Lastly, rentalcars.com offer some pretty amazing deals which leave the main mileage earning companies far behind.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
Thanks for this info! I went and booked 5 days in Tenerife for EUR73 at Thrifty via rentalcars.com, clicking through my TopBonus account. Can you believe it? It would appear to be crazy to collect miles in a dead FFP, but there are a couple of partners that might offer an interesting redemption possibility a little later on (Germania, bmi Regional) and I need to add a few miles up to a round figure. The other thing, which is the main issue, is that I am getting so pissed off with having to chase up miles that are never credited when promotions are offered. Avis is a major culprit for this, as well as Budget's crap relation with Lufthansa. Lastly, rentalcars.com offer some pretty amazing deals which leave the main mileage earning companies far behind.
So far, I haven't had any problems with Avis/Iberia Promotions. I hope it stays that way.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, it's true, the Avis/Iberia relationship seems to work quite well, for what little use I have made of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.