FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Amazing Avis Avios Deal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1805695-amazing-avis-avios-deal.html)

Concerto Nov 30, 2016 7:17 am

Amazing Avis Avios Deal

There is a deal where if you rent a car with Avis for 3 days you can receive 18,700 Avios. The rental has to begin on 8, 9 or 10 December, must be minimum 3 days long and be for at least a group C car.

http://www.avisiberia.es/avisonline/...rs,18000_avios

I really have to thank Raffles for this, over at headforpoints.

tobsw Nov 30, 2016 9:06 am

This deal is excellent. When I browsed through the offers in the Ib plus site i almost got a heart attack on Monday. Then, a moment of disbelieve: this has to be 1800 Avios and not 18000. After reading (and re-reading in English) the T&C, I realised the offer is legit. Now thinking where to get the car from. Obviously in Spain more expensive than a normal weekend due to national holidays.
Happy driving (and flying)!

pippo80 Nov 30, 2016 9:40 am

Just booked on for 66€ in Germany for 3 days. Nice deal - hope everything works out as promoted.

spainflyer Nov 30, 2016 11:16 am

Uuuuiiiiii!!!!

As the radio announcers scream when the ball goes off the crossbar. Had all the (very restrictive) conditions fulfilled for a Boston rental when I read the fine print:
Valid for all participating rental locations in Spain mainland, Balearics and Canaries, United Kingdom, Italy, France, Germany, Portugal, Switzerland, Belgium and Holland.
All I can say is "keep 'em coming, Concerto." If we keep taking shots we are bound to score sooner or later! @:-)

umba815 Nov 30, 2016 1:05 pm

This does indeed look to be a fantastic offer. Seeing €49.15 for 3 days from my local Avis in Shropshire. Anyone know if a spouse can be added to the rental for free or do all additional drivers incur a cost?

Concerto Nov 30, 2016 3:47 pm

Yeah, we'll score at some point or another. I think you've got know when to pull back when an offer clearly is not going to work out for you, though. I'm thinking of the hoped for Boston rental here. Something else will turn up. This seems to be a good time for promotions and deals. I'm keeping my eyes open, anyway.

Remember, you can only book for a pick up on the 8th, 9th or 10th and the earliest day of return is the 11th.

During the day I was thinking it must be some sort of typo, and I came home tonight half expecting it to be sorted, corrected to 1,800 Avios or something similar. But reading it again, there is no way it is a typo, because the 18,000 figure is mentioned several times over. I suspect Avis has got a surplus of Avios that they bought and they are looking at ways to offload them. So there might be more offers coming up.

For me, down in French speaking Switzerland, rentals are not so cheap at EUR110-139 (but even at that price it's a bargain!). So I had a look over the border at Lörrach in Germany, by Basel, and a 3 day C rental came in at EUR90. Not so bad, but then I looked at Mulhouse in nearby France, and I found one at EUR67. You've got to remember, each time you do a search, the booking engine seems to default to a Group B car. I didn't notice the first couple of times, so watch out for that.

Ldnn1 Dec 1, 2016 7:30 am

I booked this yesterday - 84eur for 3 days in central London (seemed to be same price from various pickup points).

Hopefully sill use it for a day trip somewhere on the Sunday but even if not and it just sits parked all weekend, it's a great price for 18000+ avios.

Concerto Dec 1, 2016 5:39 pm

Finally pulled the trigger, I'm in at EUR66.90 at Mulhouse Gare in France, which is not too far from Basel. It seems that prepaid rates are actually cancellable up until 24 hours prior to rental begin, which surprised me.

Hope Iberia somehow manages to credit the Avios for this without any issues.

bivinco Dec 3, 2016 8:37 am

Hi there,
Do you think it's possible to make more then one Avis booking on same IB FFP at different Avis locations?

Thanks

Ldnn1 Dec 3, 2016 8:58 am

Originally Posted by bivinco (Post 27560377)
Hi there,
Do you think it's possible to make more then one Avis booking on same IB FFP at different Avis locations?

Thanks

It's certainly possible to do more than one booking. Whether you'll get more than one avios bonus is a different matter!

Personally I wouldn't spend money on a second in the hope of it working, unless you actually need the cars or you've found a really dirt cheap rate and don't mind losing the gamble.

bivinco Dec 3, 2016 9:13 am

Thanks for Feedback. Then it might be better to use my wife's IB account too and bring later everything together on our household account.

tigertanaka Dec 7, 2016 2:06 pm

Amazing deal this, I paid £45.11 for 3 days from MME. Pricing was far lower on my iPad than my Macbook for some reason.

Even better is that the hire station only opens 9-12 on weekdays (closed at weekends) so I can collect the car late Friday morning and return the car shortly after noon instead of waiting until first thing Monday.

Concerto Dec 7, 2016 3:04 pm

Hope it all works out. I'm off for my rental on Friday morning, taking the train up to Mulhouse station (Fr). I will need to park up at a friend's in Basel because the train will get me quicker to my afternoon rehearsal than driving. Really hoping that I can get hold of a car that happens to have a Swiss vignette.

tigertanaka Dec 9, 2016 2:50 am

Collected the car this morning - not overly hopeful that the points will post first time as the Avis computer system was down (at least across the UK, maybe further afield as well).

umba815 Dec 9, 2016 3:19 am

Yes, collected mine first thing as well and the Avis computer network outage was affecting Telford too. The lady behind the desk was very apologetic for the delay as she had to do everything manually. I'm fairly confident on the points being awarded though as the booking was showing on the Avis app on my phone. I'm sure success or failure will be reported on this thread. Good luck to all renters!