FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Amazing Avis Avios Deal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1805695-amazing-avis-avios-deal.html)

Concerto Aug 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by tigertanaka (Post 28722479)
Is this promotion even legal? It sounds like Iberia are using the work experience kid to think up the rules of their offers.

Don't ask me! I won't touch these number limited promotions. You have no way of telling if you are within the first 100, or 10,000, customers.

Wanderlust888 Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Homepage still has the promotion. Someone here must have an idea of how it might work?

If 10 people each made 10 speculative bookings in the first 5 minutes of the promotion, will that have used up the 100?

If booking number 99 was made for the last week of the promotion, and booking number 101 was made for the first week of the promotion, does booker 101 have a chance of getting the extra points at the end of the promotional period if booker 99 cancels at the last minute?!

I'd like to think that Avis would give anyone the extra points who booked while the homepage still had the promotion...

Concerto Nov 10, 2017 7:40 am

Looks like there’s another Avis deal being rolled out, good for the first 1,000 bookings. Again, I don’t think I’ll be partaking in this one.

http://www.avisiberia.es/avisonline/...,travelfurther

tobsw Nov 10, 2017 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 29044017)
Looks like there’s another Avis deal being rolled out, good for the first 1,000 bookings. Again, I don’t think I’ll be partaking in this one.

http://www.avisiberia.es/avisonline/...,travelfurther

Dangerous territory. Different T&C in English vs Spanish...

mickeyjaw Nov 10, 2017 8:19 am

Originally Posted by tobsw (Post 29044075)
Dangerous territory. Different T&C in English vs Spanish...

I'd trust the Spanish one personally. The main difference seems to be the addition of an extra weekend in December for the Spanish one unless you can spot any other differences?

I've booked a rental Sat 11th - Tues 13th Novemeber so I'll post here and let everyone know if it credits...

tobsw Nov 10, 2017 9:17 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 29044194)
I'd trust the Spanish one personally. The main difference seems to be the addition of an extra weekend in December for the Spanish one unless you can spot any other differences?

I've booked a rental Sat 11th - Tues 13th Novemeber so I'll post here and let everyone know if it credits...

To obtain 9.000 Avios:
Spanish version:
-rent between 8th-12th november or 5th-10th december
-minimum 3 days rental (any car category): in both cases, your rental must include the night from saturday to sunday

English version:
-limited to first 1.000 bookings
-2 day rental between 8th-12th november
-car category C

I think you will be fine... but I´m still in a battle with Avis regarding the 18.000 Avios promo in August/September. So i´m not "in" this time.

mickeyjaw Nov 10, 2017 10:09 am

Originally Posted by tobsw (Post 29044432)
To obtain 9.000 Avios:
Spanish version:
-rent between 8th-12th november or 5th-10th december
-minimum 3 days rental (any car category): in both cases, your rental must include the night from saturday to sunday

English version:
-limited to first 1.000 bookings
-2 day rental between 8th-12th november
-car category C

I think you will be fine... but I´m still in a battle with Avis regarding the 18.000 Avios promo in August/September. So i´m not "in" this time.

OK well I've booked 3 days of category E from 11th-13th so hopefully I'll be good.

It's disappointing that you didn't get credit for the previous promotion. I didn't use the recent 18k bonus one (which I think was in any case limited to 100 bookings) but I did use several of the previous promotions and they all tracked fine...

tobsw Nov 11, 2017 2:46 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 29044662)
It's disappointing that you didn't get credit for the previous promotion. I didn't use the recent 18k bonus one (which I think was in any case limited to 100 bookings) but I did use several of the previous promotions and they all tracked fine...

They've notified me that my booking was one of the first 100 bookings. However, they did not manage the promo good enough. I was promised the points would appear in IbPlus within 14 days (and that was at the beginning of october). Still no points... The good thing I got loads of patience :)

craigthemif Nov 11, 2017 8:18 am

Last time Avis eventually replied to my chasing-of-Avios to say that I had used the wrong discount code. Naturally this isn't true, but I can see no way to take it any further. And who knows whether the rental office I use regularly overrode my reservation details with my Preferred profile.

I plan to avoid this one - not worth it.

Wanderlust888 Nov 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by tobsw (Post 29047145)
They've notified me that my booking was one of the first 100 bookings

As a matter of interest, what time did you book? just after midnight Spanish time?

tobsw Nov 12, 2017 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Wanderlust888 (Post 29049354)
As a matter of interest, what time did you book? just after midnight Spanish time?

Sometime around 10-11 am Spanish time. However, I do not know in which position my booking was.

Concerto Nov 12, 2017 7:17 am

I just simply wouldn’t touch promotions that offer a deal to the first 100 or 1,000 participants.

Wanderlust888 Nov 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 29051101)
I just simply wouldn’t touch promotions that offer a deal to the first 100 or 1,000 participants.

The one where they said 2,000 participants, was on the website for many weeks and people successfully earned the points from it when there must have already been tens of thousands of participants (given that Spanish people will often book through www.avisiberia.es without even noticing the promotion).

As these promotions are so generous I am tempted to give them a go when I need a car anyway, although there are no guarantees of course.

Concerto Nov 12, 2017 10:33 pm

You’re right enough. I’m at a point where I only do them if I really need them. But if it works, all the better!

mickeyjaw Nov 14, 2017 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Wanderlust888 (Post 29052905)
The one where they said 2,000 participants, was on the website for many weeks and people successfully earned the points from it when there must have already been tens of thousands of participants (given that Spanish people will often book through www.avisiberia.es without even noticing the promotion).

As these promotions are so generous I am tempted to give them a go when I need a car anyway, although there are no guarantees of course.

Yeah, I booked under the 'limited to first 1000' offer twice, a month apart and still had the Avios credit both times...