FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Amazing Avis Avios Deal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1805695-amazing-avis-avios-deal.html)

Concerto May 22, 2017 2:55 pm

Was there really nobody who made use of this promotion? I'm slightly surprised, because it is still quite generous at 9,000 Avios. Where I'm currently based in Switzerland, it really isn't worth it for a car I don't currently need.

craigthemif May 23, 2017 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 28345871)
Was there really nobody who made use of this promotion? I'm slightly surprised, because it is still quite generous at 9,000 Avios. Where I'm currently based in Switzerland, it really isn't worth it for a car I don't currently need.

Why do you say nobody? I have a rental this weekend.

But it's unavoidable that, when Avis set a limit on the number of bonuses (without telling you whether or not your rental will indeed qualify), then you have to work under the assumption that they will deny your bonus Avios when it suits them...

Concerto May 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Nobody has been posting here about it. With these deals, there's usually a lot of discussion about details of their rentals. As it has been quiet, I thought most were skipping this promotion, like myself.

Setting a limit on the number of bonuses is perhaps the main reason I didn't make an effort to participate this time. Maybe when the bonuses don't come through there will be a flurry of discussion here.

mickeyjaw May 25, 2017 8:14 am

I used this promotion twice this time and once last time. The points posted much quicker this time round, approximately 2 weeks after the respective rentals.

mickeyjaw May 25, 2017 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 28355432)
Nobody has been posting here about it. With these deals, there's usually a lot of discussion about details of their rentals. As it has been quiet, I thought most were skipping this promotion, like myself.

Setting a limit on the number of bonuses is perhaps the main reason I didn't make an effort to participate this time. Maybe when the bonuses don't come through there will be a flurry of discussion here.

If you run the Spanish terms of this offer through Google Translate it actually says the offer _can_ be withdrawn after 2000 rentals, not that it will be.

I would take the view that if the offer is still listed on the website then it is still valid and expect it to be honoured.

In any case I probably have one more rental coming up before the offer expires so I'll update on here with a report on whether the points post or not.

Last year I didn't need the car but booked one anyway since 18,700 Avios was an amazing deal.

This time round I needed the cars anyway. Avis weren't the cheapest but I think I paid about £10 extra for each rental compared to booking through a price comparison website which suited me fine for the extra Avios...

tobsw May 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Correct, Avis has told me that as long as the offer is available on the website, you will get de promotional Avios (as long as your rental is valid).

I´m having 2 very cheap rentals in june (33€ each), so will keep you updated.

mickeyjaw May 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Incidentally, I can't seem to find any cheap rentals remaining from LHR/LGW/AMS/Basingstoke (odd combination I know but most convenient for me) before the end of the offer period - I wonder if that alone is a testament to how popular this offer has been?

mickeyjaw Jun 28, 2017 3:53 am

Final update - 1 more rental completed over 16th-19th of June, credited yesterday.

craigthemif Jun 28, 2017 5:53 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 28495087)
Final update - 1 more rental completed over 16th-19th of June, credited yesterday.

Lucky you.

I never get my Avios posted correctly, yet if I request retro-credit I'm told to wait 8 weeks or whatever rubbish is in the T&Cs hoping that people forget about the bonus Avios...

Wanderlust888 Jun 28, 2017 6:02 am

Originally Posted by avisiberia.es
Los alquileres deben ser reservados y disfrutados entre el 1 de mayo y el 30 de junio de 2017.

Qualifying rentals must be booked and taken between 1 May and 30 June 2017.

The offer is still on the website. What are my chances of getting the Avios if I rent on 30 June and return on 3 July? I have a hunch it would work.

Concerto Aug 21, 2017 4:17 pm

It looks like the amazing 18,000 Avios offer has made a comeback. In a newsletter email from Iberia today I see that 18,000 Avios will be offered to the first 100 reservations for a two day car rental. No way of knowing when the 100 will be used up though. There's also triple base Avios being offered (1,500) followed by 9 Avios per 1 Euro spend. Email came in around 5pm, so I'm guessing there's little chance of scoring the 18,000 Avios.

Wanderlust888 Aug 21, 2017 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 28718465)
It looks like the amazing 18,000 Avios offer has made a comeback. In a newsletter email from Iberia today I see that 18,000 Avios will be offered to the first 100 reservations for a two day car rental. No way of knowing when the 100 will be used up though. There's also triple base Avios being offered (1,500) followed by 9 Avios per 1 Euro spend. Email came in around 5pm, so I'm guessing there's little chance of scoring the 18,000 Avios.

Hopefully they'll amend the homepage once they get to 100 bookings.

However the last one said max 2,000 but lasted right through 2 months so maybe they will allow more than 100.

YorkieFlyer Aug 22, 2017 12:23 am

I've made a pay at station booking in conformance with the 18k offer. I will contact Avis and ask if I am in the first 100, if they can't confirm I may then cancel

tigertanaka Aug 22, 2017 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 28718465)

Is this promotion even legal? It sounds like Iberia are using the work experience kid to think up the rules of their offers.

Wanderlust888 Aug 23, 2017 11:52 am

Los alquileres deben ser reservados y disfrutados entre el 22 de agosto y el 31 de octubre de 2017.

So, it started on 22 August at midnight UK time? Midnight Spanish time? Midnight in country of rental?