FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Amazing Avis Avios Deal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1805695-amazing-avis-avios-deal.html)

Arsenal786 Jan 11, 2017 11:54 am

I i got my 18k posted today

Ldnn1 Jan 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Me too. ^

umba815 Jan 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Received the 18K as well today. Fantastic deal. Many thanks to the person who posted this opportunity on a thread on HFP.

justthefactz Jan 11, 2017 2:15 pm

Great thanks for the tip! Amazing and easy deal. I got my 18k posted today, also 700 initially added were deducted at the same time.

Concerto Jan 11, 2017 3:12 pm

Yes, I got my 18,000 today too. So I'm glad it all worked out fine in the end. Thanks again to Raffles over at headforpoints.

craigthemif Jan 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by BorussiaMG (Post 27744015)
It worked out very well. Great deal.

https://abload.de/img/img_1791zejzc.jpg

I notice you have a "Cancellation Promotion Avis" of -750 Avios. Did you have to chase Iberia or Avis or did that just happen automatically?

Very annoying to have to chase IB /Avis when everybody else seems to have gotten their bonus fine. :mad:

leachster Jan 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Was getting concerned that I might have done something wrong with my booking but just checked in tripit and the 18,000 have posted.
Yippee, now I can buy as many cups of tea on those goddamn short haul planes as I like! I feel like a millionaire!

BorussiaMG Jan 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 27745817)
I notice you have a "Cancellation Promotion Avis" of -750 Avios. Did you have to chase Iberia or Avis or did that just happen automatically?

Luckily this happened automatically although my IB account was down to 0 as I move avios to BAEC as soon as I receive them. They deducted those avios from the 18k.

dakaix Jan 23, 2017 7:55 am

No sign of my 18K Avios... suspect it's related to the Avis system being down in FRA when I collected my vechicle, I ended up with a hand written rental agreement. The 700 Avios posted normally, and the rental appears on my Preferred profile, so likely just a glitch.

Have sent Avis ES an email to chase it up, hopefully they'll get it sorted within a couple of weeks!

aurrian Jan 24, 2017 10:40 am

Nothing posted at all

Hi all

I have no points posted at all! - Not even the 700 base points. I contacted them (avis) by email and they say the car wasn't collected. I have photos of the car and a vehicle condition report and the registration plate so i called and was told it was showing that i was charged £0.00 so that's why no points posted... They said they would raise it with someone else in the team. I also emailed back and still waiting for a response.

Very frustrating. Any ideas???

xhemp Jan 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by aurrian (Post 27810827)
Hi all

I have no points posted at all! - Not even the 700 base points. I contacted them (avis) by email and they say the car wasn't collected. I have photos of the car and a vehicle condition report and the registration plate so i called and was told it was showing that i was charged £0.00 so that's why no points posted... They said they would raise it with someone else in the team. I also emailed back and still waiting for a response.

Very frustrating. Any ideas???

I think you've done what you could. Maybe send also an email with pictures and the scanned vehicle condition report to have this in writing?

dakaix Jan 25, 2017 9:11 am

Originally Posted by dakaix (Post 27804880)
No sign of my 18K Avios... suspect it's related to the Avis system being down in FRA when I collected my vechicle, I ended up with a hand written rental agreement. The 700 Avios posted normally, and the rental appears on my Preferred profile, so likely just a glitch.

Have sent Avis ES an email to chase it up, hopefully they'll get it sorted within a couple of weeks!

Just had a response form Avis ES, they've manually processed my 18K bonus and it has immediately posted to my Iberia Plus account (even though they estimated it to take 6-8 weeks). Shows as "Courtesy Avis" rather than "Promotion Avis", but that's still excellent service!

aurrian Jan 27, 2017 7:25 am

Originally Posted by xhemp (Post 27811935)
I think you've done what you could. Maybe send also an email with pictures and the scanned vehicle condition report to have this in writing?

Hi Thanks

I received an email to say that customer service have contacted glasgow airport Avis to investigate, so just need to wait and see - fingers crossed.

aurrian Jan 27, 2017 7:26 am

Originally Posted by dakaix (Post 27815662)
Just had a response form Avis ES, they've manually processed my 18K bonus and it has immediately posted to my Iberia Plus account (even though they estimated it to take 6-8 weeks). Shows as "Courtesy Avis" rather than "Promotion Avis", but that's still excellent service!

Great news! That's very encouraging. Hope they are able to sort mine out too...

Concerto May 7, 2017 3:26 pm

It would appear that another variant of this offer has returned. This time, the offer is for 9,000 Avios for a Friday to Monday rental of a minimum group C car. The other thing to watch out for is that after the first 2,000 reservations, Avis will withdraw the offer. I have to say, that I can't find prices at stations I could use in France or Germany that would make me happy to participate this time around. Wonder why it's all so much dearer this time.

http://www.avisiberia.es/avisonline/...rs,9000aviosen

Once again, thanks are due to Raffles over at headforpoints for the heads up here.