Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
No Avios from April purchase. Also cannot redeem May voucher, and the system is dead now:

Old May 22, 2018, 8:44 am

I have opened couple tickets at groupon.es customer service. First they write me, that this is Iberia problem and asked to contact Iberia at [email protected] Iberia of course asked me to open ticket at groupon and to send them invoice and statement from groupon ....

But today I have got this replay (to my third complaint) from groupon (from spanish translated via google):

Hello,
Thank you for contacting.
I will pass this matter to the specialized team dealing with such cases. They will examine the problem and get an answer within a maximum of 7 days.Thank you for your patience in this matter, we hope to have this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Last edited by Tibor; May 22, 2018 at 8:49 am Reason: some typos
Old May 22, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tibor
I have opened couple tickets at groupon.es customer service. First they write me, that this is Iberia problem and asked to contact Iberia at [email protected]. Iberia of course asked me to open ticket at groupon and to send them invoice and statement from groupon ....

Classic case of pretend it's the other company's fault. I'd say with 99% certainty that it's Groupon's problem.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
I bought a 15k pack, tried both forms, and got a 2k deposit into my account. How should I follow up? When i try to submit feedback on Groupon.es I get an "Ups!" page.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:28 am

Finally! The Avios are in.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:41 am

well i got the one from `11 may, but the early may is still missing...
Old May 23, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: JAL
I bought some avios in "avios-9" in last Apr. But still not posted.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Lantos
well i got the one from `11 may, but the early may is still missing...
Maybe it's the same for me, but I can't know for sure since I bought the same amount both times. I guess I have to wait a little longuer to see if I get any more Avios or not.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:29 am

the one bought on April 30 is missing here as well.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by erik19283
Maybe it's the same for me, but I can't know for sure since I bought the same amount both times. I guess I have to wait a little longuer to see if I get any more Avios or not.
you can check it in your iberia account, the "date" (at the check avios movements) shows actually the date when you purchased/applied for crediting.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lantos
you can check it in your iberia account, the "date" (at the check avios movements) shows actually the date when you purchased/applied for crediting.
Not in my account... Dates are all different.

But I can still count the number of 2018 purchases against the number of 2000 Avios packs received in 2018, and I'm 3 short. Essentially since it all went nuts and there was a different offer every week nothing has posted.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Does Groupon redemption page work for anyone now? I still cannot even redeem my last voucher (validity is up to July, but still). Getting same crap message as I posted above on a screenshot.
Old May 23, 2018, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Does Groupon redemption page work for anyone now? I still cannot even redeem my last voucher (validity is up to July, but still). Getting same crap message as I posted above on a screenshot.
Nope, looks like it's completely down.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by barracuda93
The Google doc redemption still works [or at least you get confiemed that in 10 days they will credit the avios]. But you cannot find the codes [unless you wrote them down]...

​​​​​​​Seems they have serious problems. Or this is just business as usual?
Old May 24, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: JAL
the one bought on last April, the state on Groupon used on 11May, but not yet received. Did anyone have similar case?
Canjeado el viernes, mayo 11º 2018
Fecha de compra:domingo, abril 29º 2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.