Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by arollins
Has anybody received their avios? I redemned it to my account on July 15, nothing yet on my account.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Anybody had any issue with getting their Avios from the IberiaPluStore for the click through to Groupon? I received the confirmation e-mail in mid-June, but still no Avios...

Will be a help for the Combina y Venceras promo as well...
Mine are uploaded between a week and three weeks after using the codes. If you haven't got them now, it's worth chasing up. I bought a 2000 package on June 5th and received the avios on June 14th.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:16 am

You can check the purchase history in the estore.
My groupon activity shows like approved (good sign) but have not seen the avios posted though. I bought end of June.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have a slightly hazy memory of what exactly happened, but I purchased two Avios packages back in February (2,000 and 8,000) Avios. They credited on 23 February. Looking at my account, I see two Iberiaplustore credits on 12 February for 190 and 791 Avios, so that must be it. My previous purchases were in February 2016.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I have a slightly hazy memory of what exactly happened, but I purchased two Avios packages back in February (2,000 and 8,000) Avios. They credited on 23 February. Looking at my account, I see two Iberiaplustore credits on 12 February for 190 and 791 Avios, so that must be it. My previous purchases were in February 2016.
Iberiaplustore credits always take a lot longer to appear than the actual avios packages. The 190 earned from my June purchase didn't show up until last week.

Last edited by goldencondor; Aug 8, 2017 at 5:11 am
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
The IBPlusStore purchases credit with the date of the purchase even if it takes a few months to get there.

I'm hoping this is taken into account for the current promotion. I honestly wouldn't expect the bonus until November or so.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
The IBPlusStore purchases credit with the date of the purchase even if it takes a few months to get there.
Ahhh I see what you mean now.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Iberiaplustore credits always take a lot longer to appear than the actual avios packages. The 190 earned from my June purchase didn't show up until last week.
Now I get it! Because I remember those Iberiaplustore Avios crediting a lot later. But they're sitting in the account on the date that the purchase took place.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
A new round of Iberia Avios on Groupon ES

Sales period is until 30 Sep.

www.groupon.es/deals/avios-iag-group

2,000 Avios for 19 € instead of 54 € (+ 247 Avios via Iberia Plus Store)
4,000 Avios for 59 € instead of 91 € (+ 767 Avios via Iberia Plus Store)
8.000 Avios for 99 € instead of 164 € (+ 1,287 Avios via Iberia Plus Store)
15.000 Avios for 189 € instead of 293 € (+ 2,457 Avios via Iberia Plus Store)
20.000 Avios for 249 € instead of 385 € (+ 3,237 Avios via Iberia Plus Store)
34.000 Avios for 429 € instead of 646 € (+ 5,577 Avios via Iberia Plus Store)

And there is a new condition:
* Purchase limit : 1 coupon per Iberia card for each option.

At time of writing the 2,000 Avios option is still available. (Have just purchased on 2 accounts and also managed to redeem the vouchers just a few minutes after.)

Redeem at ticket.groupon.es/ticket_es/iberia/

Also, Iberia Plus Store is offering an increased 13 Avios per Euro (until 30 Sep).

ibplustore.iberia.com/en/entertainment-and-leisure/groupon-es
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Expat_852
Sales period is until 30 Sep.

www.groupon.es/deals/avios-iag-group
Much obliged, sir. I looked for a coupon code as well but alas I could find none.

Interesting how they've changed their strategy of late. They made new packages available in June but made a mistake with limiting the 2000 purchases. Then they got some more 2000 packs in a couple of weeks later. Then they got some more! And now they've started again from scratch. I'm certainly not complaining.

Hopefully the people above who haven't got their purchases will be receiving them soon!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What do think is the best value package apart from 2,000 Avios?

How do I find the page once I click through the Iberiaplustore link to Groupon? It doesn't show up in the Groupon search engine when you input Avios, or Iberia. Maybe the fact that I have already clicked through the Iberiaplustore will mean that it's remembered by the cookies on the iPad and I can click n the link in post #503 above.

Last edited by Concerto; Aug 10, 2017 at 3:14 pm
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
I took advantage of this deal in late June, and the Avios I purchased appeared within about 2 weeks. But I still haven't seen the bonus Avios from using the Iberia store. Should I just assume I'll never see those or is it still too early (or should I reach out to Iberia/Groupon)? About 10 pages back I saw where maybe Iberia doesn't honor the bonus, but that seems weird that they would have Avios in the store and a stated bonus that they wouldn't provide.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:31 pm

The store avios usually take at least 2 months to post.

They will post with the correct date, though.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
The store avios usually take at least 2 months to post.

They will post with the correct date, though.
Gracias for the quick insight. Forgot to ask:will they count against my 100K/ year purchase limit?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I usually don't worry about them, not really expecting them to turn up given what a mess this promo always has been in the past, and they've always turned up. I got an email acknowledgement that I was due 256 Avios for yesterday's purchase. So signing in to your Iberia account, clicking through to the Iberiaplustore then clicking through to Groupon, enables the system to track that you have signed in through your account if you then click the link in post #503 .

I am pleased to have secured one of the 2,000 Avios package this time.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by SightseeMC
Gracias for the quick insight. Forgot to ask:will they count against my 100K/ year purchase limit?
Sorry, can't answer definitively, but I'd imagine not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.