Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
I think i redeemed the 2000 and 4000 packages at the same time and only the 2000 has come through (posted yesterday). Have i made an error which is going to be a pain to correct for ages? Or have they typically come through at different times in the past?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: QF Platinum
I was a first time buyer - UK registered credit card - bought a single 2000 pack and the miles posted sometime in the last 24 hours (when I last checked) with the following description.

08/07/16 Avios Earned With Groupon Shopping 2,000
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by snevillio
I think i redeemed the 2000 and 4000 packages at the same time and only the 2000 has come through (posted yesterday). Have i made an error which is going to be a pain to correct for ages? Or have they typically come through at different times in the past?
I received both 2000 and 4000 yesterday. (although 2K went to my account and 4K to my GF's)

Since it does seem to run in batches, you might want to double check whether the 4K coupon was processed correctly.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
When are these 'batches' supposedly processed, once a month? I find it odd that just one of the packages I bought has come through. They were all bought in the same 10 minute window and redeemed within another 10 minute window. But it's still early days, relatively speaking.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
Originally Posted by snevillio
I bought 2000 avios x1ea on Jun. 9th and 4000 avios x5ea on 11th.

Now I confirmed 2000 and 8000 (4k x2) are already registered to my account.
What happened to the others 12k (4k x3) ?

Should I contact to Iberia now or wait another weeks?
My tickets are going to expire on Aug. 14th.

Last edited by LandMiler; Jul 28, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Proactive message from Groupon

Very odd. I just got the following email from Groupon. If it means I didn't enter the codes correctly, that could be why I haven't received all the Avios packages I bought. I will tackle it tomorrow and go through the whole process once again, because it is too late at night now. Anyone else got an email like this? Here is the whole message:

Tu cupón para Avios
Nos ponemos en contacto contigo en relación a tu compra para Avios España.

¡Date prisa! No te olvides de canjear tu cupón antes del 14/08 y poder recibir los Avios.

Te recordamos que para canjear tu cupón tienes que entrar a través de http://ticket.groupon.es/ticket_es/iberia/ e introducir los códigos de tu cupón (código de seguridad, de cupón y email de compra), en el siguiente paso puedes añadir los datos de la tarjeta iberia plus donde quieres recibir tus Avios.
Es importante que si tienes más de un cupón lo hagas de uno en uno, entrando cada vez en el enlace, para evitar errores.

Recuerda que puedes ver una copia de tus cupones a través de tu cuenta, entrando en: www.groupon.es/mygroupons .

Puedes revisar las condiciones de la oferta a través de https://www.groupon.es/deals/ga-avios-group-espana

Si compraste este cupón como regalo, no olvides informar a la persona que se lo regalaste sobre ello.

¡Recuerda visitar groupon.es para ver otras ofertas interesantes que se ofrecen hoy en tu ciudad!
Recibe un cordial saludo,
Tu equipo Groupon

I used google translate to yield the following translation:

Your coupon for Avios
We contact you regarding your purchase for Avios Spain.

Hurry up! Do not forget your voucher before 14/08 and to receive the Avios.

We remind you that your voucher you have to go through http://ticket.groupon.es/ticket_es/iberia/ and enter your coupon code (security code, and email coupon purchase), the following step can add data iberia plus card where you want to receive your Avios.
It is important that if you have more than one coupon do it one by one, each time entering the link, to avoid mistakes.

Remember that you can see a copy of your coupons through your account, entering: www.groupon.es/mygroupons.

You can check the conditions of supply through https://www.groupon.es/deals/ga-avios-group-espana

If you bought this voucher as a gift, do not forget to inform the person who gave it away on it.

Remember to visit groupon.es for other interesting deals offered today in your city!
Receives a warm greeting,
Your team Groupon

Last edited by Concerto; Aug 5, 2016 at 12:59 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
I'm sure i tried to redeem both of mine in one go and therefore only one went through. The one that didn't go through was listed as not being redeemed so i just went through the process again and it has posted to my account, go in tomorrow and have a look if there any that are unredeemed.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Very odd. I just got the following email from Groupon. If it means I didn't enter the codes correctly, that could be why I haven't received all the Avios packages I bought. I will tackle it tomorrow and go through the whole process once again, because it is too late at night now. Anyone else got an email like this? Here is the whole message:
I got the same message yesterday.
I was 100% sure I registered all five codes I bought though I got only two of them into my IB Avios account.

I tried all five codes again and three worked at this time!
Now I'm waiting for three (2000avios x 3ea) will show up in my account.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just like me, two went through and one didn't and I had already received one of the packages previously. A big thumbs up to Groupon for sending this reminder, because I would not have thought to push the voucher codes through again. I thought all had gone through when I put all three codes through not long after purchase, just like the previous times this promotion came up.

A couple of thoughts. 1) If you have several email addresses, like me, make sure you select the right one when filling the email field. There's just a chance I put one of my other ones in. 2) And I think, in future, when it comes to inputting a new voucher, you should each time click through the link that leads to the voucher input landing page, thus bringing up a new input landing page. Instead, what I did was to click on the button that said 'input new voucher' or something, and continued using the same linked page as for the first voucher of that batch. Quite honestly, I think they have a seriously crappy system, but there is a way to negotiate the labyrinth.

Actually, they've sort of stated that themselves:

Es importante que si tienes más de un cupón lo hagas de uno en uno, entrando cada vez en el enlace, para evitar errores.

Last edited by Concerto; Aug 8, 2016 at 5:45 am Reason: typos
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, just to update, when I put the two codes through (a third code did not go through, presumably because I already received the Avios for it), the following message appeared:

¡Felicidades!

Mira tu Tarjeta Iberia Plus en 30 dias laborable ya habrás recibido tus Avios

Si has comprado varios cupones pincha aquí para convetir tus coupones en Avios

Later on, I got an email with the following text:

Hola Grouponero,
Mira tu Tarjeta Iberia Plus en 30 dias laborable ya habrás recibido tus Avios.

Gracias!

So, with a bit of luck everything's going to be in order now.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Just checked and my 4,000 avios from the latest promotion have posted.

Happy too as it has activated my account so I can finally use 'combine my avios' with BAEC.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great! Was there some doubt, as shown in the posts above? Did you have to wait an inordinately long time? Just wondering what your timeline was. Still waiting for mine. Wonder if I should try pushing the codes through again.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:24 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
Great! Was there some doubt, as shown in the posts above? Did you have to wait an inordinately long time? Just wondering what your timeline was. Still waiting for mine. Wonder if I should try pushing the codes through again.
I was quite hesitant to take up the offer based on some of the posts here - I only did so because I wanted to activate my Iberia account for avios transfers with BAEC.

I was lucky in that the process was very smooth - so just checked my email and I purchased via Groupon on 22nd July, and the avios posted within the last couple of days (post date not shown on my Iberia account, but I last checked on Thurs and they hadn't posted, so must have been Friday or yesterday).
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So about two weeks from purchase to post, which seems a reasonable timeline. So, having re-inputted two voucher codes, I likely have around a week or so to wait, maybe a bit longer.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: CX Diamond / IHG Spire Elite
https://www.groupon.es/deals/ga-avios-iberia-2

May I know if this link is still working ?
I can not find the button to click for avios purchasing...

please help ~ Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.