Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Weird problem with online checkin [Country of origin error - workaround below]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird problem with online checkin [Country of origin error - workaround below]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:56 am

I had the same issue. It's the Visa fields. I put in "0" for Visa number, USA for country, today's date for issue, and one month from now as expiration and it worked.

Will I have a problem tomorrow at the airport? I don't know, but I got to pick a decent seat for a trans-Atlantic flight!

joe
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:29 am

Smile

Just today I had this exact same problem!! I also followed the advice on making the visa number 0 and adding expiration date a few months from today and that worked.

To all - I work at a large OTA which is where I booked the ticket. I'm reporting this issue to our internal site ops team to see if it occurs because of how we create the PNR at time of purchase.

Thank you all for this forum - it got me past the issue but the issue shouldn't exist at all
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 3mm, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Spang67
I had the same issue. It's the Visa fields. I put in "0" for Visa number, USA for country, today's date for issue, and one month from now as expiration and it worked.
Thanks again, Joe. This worked for me as well. A shame Iberia hasn't resolved this issue, but also a shame they won't allow OW Emerald to select a coach seat at booking (for AA codeshare). BA is able to do it, but IB just doesn't care.

-A
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Yep thanks for heads up, Had same issue this morning. Really weird.

Safe Travels
Old May 24, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG/Marriott PLT
Same problem just now MAD-LAX, found this thread and problem solved. Thanks.
AA EXP, flying Y, system won't allow for a seat selection. Every seat is X out, although I know the plane is only 1/2 full.
Little disappointed.
Old May 26, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Back to the OP: My experience is that this often happens with IB when the passport data is only added when doing the OLCI, i.e. 24 hours before departure. You can avoid this message, if you enter the passport data more than 72 hours before departure, i.e. before the the flight is transferred to the departure control system. It seems to be an IT bug between the two systems. Since I've been doing this, I stopped getting this message.
patmcpsu and Marschel like this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:41 pm

Figured it out! Known Traveler Number...

in additional documents - I had to select the known traveler number option and add the country. Took me 45 minutes to figure out!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:33 pm

Same check document country fixed

Followed advice above (entered a Visa with number zero valid in USA) and was finally able to check in.
Also check other documents -> known traveler (global entry) looks like it was missing country of origin as well.
I wasted so much time on this! Iberia call center was completely useless: they said first: call American there is nothing we can do. Then told me nobody with American tickets can check in online. Iberia call center was not even willing to check my booking information
So thanks all for the advice!
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Thanks for the tips above — somehow my flight from Dublin to Madrid had my KTN in there, and I tried deleting it thinking it was pointless anyway. Well apparently this is impossible to do and the fix was to add the expiration date and correct the country of issue — then everything went through just fine!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:18 pm

Had the same problem once but it fixed itself somehow.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Originally Posted by ayton
Thanks again, Joe. This worked for me as well. A shame Iberia hasn't resolved this issue, but also a shame they won't allow OW Emerald to select a coach seat at booking (for AA codeshare). BA is able to do it, but IB just doesn't care.

-A
Thanks to Joe as well.. same issue Aug 2018 and that resolved it. I was able to select seats in advance since I flew through LHR. My BA account allowed me to push through seat requests. I used the BA PNR and it worked for Iberia.

V
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:16 am

Thank you all for the advice on how to get around this. I’ve been trying to check in for the past hour and finally decided to search the internet since Iberia’s customer support is quite lacking. It’s a shame that this was initially reported in 2015, yet this issue still persists on 8/31/2018.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Let me at least welcome you to Flyertalk melicioushoney, and indeed to the Iberia forum. This forum and indeed FT generally, has heaps of similar information to help the traveller, so I do hope that we will see more of you. Thank you for confirming that Spang67's workaround still works.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Just tried to check in for an Iberia flight and kept getting the same error message of "Check Document country of issue" even though all my information was correct. I called IB and they said they are aware this is an ongoing issue but could not help me. I took the advice of fellow Flyer talk members and indeed, if you add your same passport information under the section on Visa (even though I don't have nor need a visa), it finally allowed me to check in.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:19 am

Still an issue as of 04/26/2019 work around worked great.

Thank you for the work around. I was getting a bit anxious. I am now confirmed on both flights Palma to Madrid and Madrid to lax with boarding passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.