Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connection time in Madrid

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Has anyone had any experience lately of landing in MAD at one end of T4 from LDN or another non-Schengen European city and then taking a domestic connection from the other end? I've done this a lot in the past but not since all the press reports of higher scrutiny of passengers and their passports at border control. I have a 55 minute connection on Tuesday, and (provisionally) sitting in row 9 of an A321 from LHR, so am just trying to gauge whether people have experienced lengthy queues, as Madrid was one of the airports mentioned in press reports during the summer. Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The queues at T4-H immigration are fine. T4S is the problem (but I haven't been there in a while, it might be fine there too, an arrival at 22:00 was a breeze).

Arrived from LHR yesterday minutes after an arrival from SPU, the queue was only 5-6 people deep.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Thanks! I'm departing back via T4S on an IB wide-body bird a week later - longer connection time from T4 but I won't hang around. Hope they'll accept me at the T4S lounge as I read part of it is closed for a refurb and there's capacity restrictions! Mid-afternoon so hoping all ok.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The capacity restrictions are lifted after 1pm or so, and the new part of the lounge has reopened. Still 50% closed off but apparently the new layout of the new part has about 80% capacity of the old lounge.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I was in the new lounge today and there is a LOT more seating. The entire area where the wine bar was wraps all the way around to another big dining area.

You may have to sit at a table for the time being but it still beats the terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.