Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia "Economy XL" / Emergency Exit seats - definitive thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia "Economy XL" / Emergency Exit seats - definitive thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
No. I don't think you'd find any airline in Europe that allows that.
dstan likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Not permitted - probably one of the few things the iberia on board staff actively police....
dstan likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 2:55 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Thanks a lot!!
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by malagajohn
Not permitted - probably one of the few things the iberia on board staff actively police....
just done 4 segments at the exit window on IB. Agree on the under seat bag enforcement. What I find odd is allowing laptops/ iPads out and in use during take off and landing at exit rows. Happened on all 4 flights in the last24 hrs. Last night MAD-LIS I was the only one in the First exit row window (A320) and a chap behind in the exit row sat in the aisle seat, again the only row occupant, placed his jacket over the seat in front, his laptop and bag on the middle seat and his winter coat on the window seat. Nothing said during the checks, taxing and subsequent take off and landing.

No exit seating safety briefing from CC on the first two, then asked quite righty on the last two if I spoke Spanish/English and my role expectations seated at an exit row.

All seems very hit and miss for me.

Last edited by Telecasterman; Mar 3, 2020 at 11:59 am
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Trying to select flights in economy for a trip. Are these XL seats really having extra legroom? Its an A319.

Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I don't think so... the 319s haven't had the new cabins, and in the old cabin the extra J legroom was through row 5, I believe.
Newbtravelle likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 2:41 pm

xl or exit

I am booked on an a320 and can chose any seat, I cant find any xl seat stats. should I chose exit row or xl seat?
Old Jul 7, 2021, 12:49 am

Wow IB has gone downhill with BA due to the cost cutting. On an A321 and most seats no longer recline. Even some of the XL and all emergency exit rows have no recline and are the new super thin seats. Terrible and painful for anything above an hour or so.
​​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.