Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia "Economy XL" / Emergency Exit seats - definitive thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2011, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond

Read it here,

http://www.iberia.com/economy-xl-seat/

€10 domestic
€20 Europe, North Africa and Middle East
€50 intercontinental

I think they are also implementing pre-booking like BA but the link does not work yet

Free for Silver and Gold card holders but you have to call up
Old Jul 5, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by globalste

Free for Silver and Gold card holders but you have to call up
Free for the Silver/Golds on BA (extending to OW) or just for Iberia Plus members?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Iberia.com
Customers travelling in Full Tourist Class or on special business fares, as well as holders of Iberia Plus Platinum and Iberia Plus Gold cards and their travelling companions, or their oneworld equivalents, can book Tourist XL seats in advance free of charge.
Looks like oneworld Sapphire and Emeralds can select exit row seats FoC.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:46 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:16 am

Well, I just flew with Iberia on 4 flights this week and didn't experience this. I could book an exit row without issue. It was a return journey - July 4 to 7th. I reserved my exit row seats online for the outward journey without issue. The return journey had a leg operated by Vueling which means you can't do online checkin (because Iberia's website is such crap!), but I phoned up and got exit row seats without a problem...

I have an Iberia Silver card (about 2 flights away from Gold)... so maybe that was the reason?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 3:43 am
Suspended

This is called Irish effect.

All the OW Airline under Irish leadership now are taking this step...

F...King dreadful.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Free for OW Emerald and Sapphire, also for Iberia Silver, Gold and Platinum, full-flexible tickets as well.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, ALL Diamond
Economy XL Seat

http://www.iberia.com/economy-xl-seat/

I juts saw this. Has anyone ever booked them ? Are they really much more comfortable ?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by to25sw
I juts saw this. Has anyone ever booked them ? Are they really much more comfortable ?
I think these are simply exit-row seats. Nothing special except for some extra legroom (and no reclining in some rows).
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
If it is on the Iberia "sister" airline Vueling aircraft, it is worth the extra money. "Regular" seats aboard Vueling aircraft offer extremely limited legroom. I am 6'5" and have been able to at least wiggle my legs under the seat. On this aircraft on a flight from Venice to Barcelona, I had to be moved to exit because I couldn't get my legs into the seat.

I'm not a big fan of Iberia.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, ALL Diamond
I am not a big fan of Iberia either! But good to know they have this, especially that it's free for IB Plus and OW status members.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 4:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yes, these are merely the exit row seats, so if there are two rows, beware the first exit row as there will be impaired recline (though A340s only have one exit row per area). Being 6'4" / 193 cm I am choosy about seats and need legroom.

A340-600 row 22 on the A340-600 is your best bet; row 10 is near galleys, and 10A and L are across from FA seats; row 35 is in the lav block, lots of traffic and people trying to usurp your space, 35 A and L have intrusions from the exit hatch.

A340-300 row 22 is the exit row, but also close to lavs.

A319 row 10 is the "XL" seating.

A320 avoid row 10 like the plague, as it has no recline iirc; row 11 has limited recline, row 12 is the one to choose for "XL" seating,

A321 rows 9 and 21 are the ones to select, along with 22A, which has no 21A in front of it.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 1, 2011 at 5:24 pm Reason: corrected - gracias, globalste
Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

I think the A319 you need to pick row 10.

I am not a big fan of Iberia either! But good to know they have this, especially that it's free for IB Plus and OW status members.
Yes, now as a BAEC member try booking an XL seat (despite it saying the service is available and for up to 3 months in advance) because it is nigh on impossible.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Anybody know if this covers XL seats as well?

Customers with Iberia Singular or Iberia Plus Platinum or Gold cards (oneworld emerald or sapphire) may select their seating for free from the time they make their booking and for all the people who appear on the same reservation.
Old May 23, 2014, 8:55 am

Yes, for OW Sapphire and Emerald you may select XL seats for free as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.