Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia "Economy XL" / Emergency Exit seats - definitive thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia "Economy XL" / Emergency Exit seats - definitive thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:09 am
Suspended

I have just booked flights as a OWE and had no trouble getting the exit seats free
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:11 am

Just flew with the refurbished 346. (345 AS equipment).
Sat at 25 A, which was a emergency exit.
So row 25 is emergency at the refurbished 346 (345). Iberias Seat map is therefore correct

Keep in mind though, that only the side Blocks offer More legroom.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: United, Southwest
I just booked a flight from Madrid to Chicago in August and choose seats 27A and 27C because of the extra legroom. Does anyone know if these seats recline? I attached an image
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:13 pm

Is this an A330? If so, I recommend that you take row 10 instead. Unlike the emergency exits, they are not next to toilets, so you avoid people gathering around. Also, you can have floor storage for your things and IFE even during take off and landing.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Yllanes
Is this an A330? If so, I recommend that you take row 10 instead. Unlike the emergency exits, they are not next to toilets, so you avoid people gathering around. Also, you can have floor storage for your things and IFE even during take off and landing.
The route is flown on a 330, yes. How is the legroom in row 10 vs row 27? I'm 6'3", so on overnight flights, sleeping is more important to me than underseat storage.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:01 pm

OK, if you are that tall then the emergency exit may be better for overnight flights. I recommended 10 since I saw it was MAD to ORD (i.e., daytime).

Row 10 is a bulkhead and has significantly more legroom than a normal seat, but obviously much less than 27. I cannot tell you first hand if 27 reclines, though (I expect that it does).
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Just booked MAD-LHR for May flight showing as a A330/200. I have sapphire status and according to the Iberia seat map I was able to book 6A and 6C which show as exit row seats .

I hope the Iberia seat map is correct as seatguru shows no Iberia plane with is configuration.

Is there a upto date seat map site anyone uses as I find seatguru way out of date for upto date info.

Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:44 am

Row 6 is the first economy row for the A330-200, a plane that is not on Seat Guru. The best seat map for that recently introduced aircraft is Iberia's.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Row 6 is the first economy row for the A330-200, a plane that is not on Seat Guru. The best seat map for that recently introduced aircraft is Iberia's.
Thanks for that, I will be flying into Madrid on the same day from LAX in Business on the newly refurbished A340-500. So will get to try out 2 new options.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:03 am

Hopefully SG will update their website soon.

Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:04 am

Have they really written "queue" meaning "tail" there? (The Spanish word for both is "cola").
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Have they really written "queue" meaning "tail" there? (The Spanish word for both is "cola").
Wow, I missed that completely. Google translate strikes again!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Wow, I missed that completely. Google translate strikes again!
Also "Cabin" instead of cockpit, both meaning "cabina" in Spanish
Old Mar 16, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Iberia Express Economy XL

Have a reservation for MAD-SVQ with Iberia Express. Have had a lengthy conversation with Iberia Express Customer Services who have insisted on charging me 14 Euros each to reserve Economy XL Exit Row seats. One Passenger is BA Exec Club Gold (OW Emerald), the other BAEC Silver (OW Sapphire). Iberia Express maintain that if I was an Iberia Plus OW Emerald/Sapphire card holder I could reserve seats free of charge, but as a BA Exec Club OW Emerald/Sapphire I have to pay 14 Euros for each seat.

From everything I see on the IB Express Website, this is wrong, but she checked with her supervisor and insisted she was right and charged my credit card to reserve the seats.

Is this right?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:07 am

As non IB OW Emerald I am always allowed to select any seat I want on IB/I2. Did you try assigning them online first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.