Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Air Shuttle

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rrgg
I think it's not possible to change an Avios ticket for scheduled flight into an Avios ticket for Air Shuttle. Is that correct? I figure it requires cancelling and buying a new ticket.
Yes. Cancel and re-book.

The only reason to book a scheduled flight (using Avios) for BCN-MAD or vice versa is when you are connecting international and don't want to go landside.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by tobsw
...Other Air Shuttle tickets are allowed to be checked in online, via de app... and able to choose their flight beforehand. Avios ones, have to go to the airport.
It looks like this is fixed. You can check-in online for Avios air shuttle tickets.
https://www.iberia.com/es/news-updat...vacion207.1903
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:55 am

Deleted

Last edited by rrgg; Jun 10, 2019 at 3:04 am
Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I am looking to purchase a MAD-BCN flight using BA Avios. That means buying a specific flight time, I believe.

I will be arriving at MAD from LIS on TAP, and want to give myself at least 3 hours for the connection. That would mean buying a ticket on a 6:30 pm departure (or later).

If I purchase a ticket through BA Avios, and arrive at MAD landside earlier than my scheduled IB flight, would I be able to switch to an earlier departure at check-in?

I am going to purchase Y, and wonder if that means I would have to pay for checking a bag (and also whether I would be allowed to bring a roll-abard suitcase on the Air Shuttle?

I also wonder whether the Priority Pass lounge in MAD is close to the Air Shuttle gate(s)?

Thanks, in advance!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by transportprof
I am looking to purchase a MAD-BCN flight using BA Avios. That means buying a specific flight time, I believe.

I will be arriving at MAD from LIS on TAP, and want to give myself at least 3 hours for the connection. That would mean buying a ticket on a 6:30 pm departure (or later).

If I purchase a ticket through BA Avios, and arrive at MAD landside earlier than my scheduled IB flight, would I be able to switch to an earlier departure at check-in?

I am going to purchase Y, and wonder if that means I would have to pay for checking a bag (and also whether I would be allowed to bring a roll-abard suitcase on the Air Shuttle?

I also wonder whether the Priority Pass lounge in MAD is close to the Air Shuttle gate(s)?

Thanks, in advance!
As a general rule, if you book a flight for a specific time, that's your flight. You will not get on an earlier flight. Check-in closes 45 min before flight departure.

You can, however, book a MAD-BCN "Puente Aéreo" ticket with your Avios (it's I think 2k Avios more expensive than a regular Avios booking) . You will have to transfer them to IbPlus and book from there a Puente Aereo ticket. It's an open ticket, so you board on the next available flight; check in closes 15 min prior flight departure.

In all Avios bookings operated by IB, checked luggage is included. Flight between MAD and BCN are operated by 319/320/321, so no problems with roll-aboard suitcases.

Usually shuttle flights to BCN depart from the center of the terminal. In the center is also where you find the Priority Pass lounge "Plaza Mayor".

Remember that TAP arrives in T1-2-3, so you'll have to take a free land-side shuttle to terminal 4.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by tobsw
As a general rule, if you book a flight for a specific time, that's your flight. You will not get on an earlier flight. Check-in closes 45 min before flight departure.

You can, however, book a MAD-BCN "Puente Aéreo" ticket with your Avios (it's I think 2k Avios more expensive than a regular Avios booking) . You will have to transfer them to IbPlus and book from there a Puente Aereo ticket. It's an open ticket, so you board on the next available flight; check in closes 15 min prior flight departure.

In all Avios bookings operated by IB, checked luggage is included. Flight between MAD and BCN are operated by 319/320/321, so no problems with roll-aboard suitcases.

Usually shuttle flights to BCN depart from the center of the terminal. In the center is also where you find the Priority Pass lounge "Plaza Mayor".

Remember that TAP arrives in T1-2-3, so you'll have to take a free land-side shuttle to terminal 4.
Thanks for the helpful input. Unfortunately, I do not have an IB Avios account, and I don't believe that it would be easy for me to open one and transfer BA Avios from Canada. I don't have any plans to fly IB before next year, when I'll make the MAD-BCN trip. And if I understand it right, one has to fly IB in order to be eligible to transfer in BA Avios points to and IB Avios account.

So perhaps I'll have to ask on the BA forum whether IB tickets purchased with BA Avios include one piece of checked luggage.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes you get one piece of checked luggage.

No you cannot buy a specific MAD-BCN flight and then just hop on an earlier flight.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:23 am

Unfortunately, I do not have an IB Avios account, and I don't believe that it would be easy for me to open one and transfer BA Avios from Canada.
There is no problem with this, the only trick is that the account must have been active for three months before you can transfer BA Avios to it. It is always recommended to anyone with a BAEC account to open an IB+ account and earn a few Avios with it to activate it (hotel stay, car rental, etc. there is conflicting information as to whether a transfer from a credit card counts).
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Yllanes
There is no problem with this, the only trick is that the account must have been active for three months before you can transfer BA Avios to it. It is always recommended to anyone with a BAEC account to open an IB+ account and earn a few Avios with it to activate it (hotel stay, car rental, etc. there is conflicting information as to whether a transfer from a credit card counts).
So I don't need to fly to activate a new IB+ account?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
So I don't need to fly to activate a new IB+ account?
AFAIK no
transportprof likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.