Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges and access general information thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia lounges and access general information thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Andoreasu
Hola amigos,

Does anyone know anything about the ALC lounge? it's not listed on the Iberia website, so it's probably a contract lounge. Should I deduct I won't have access with my AB gold card? flying IB metal in Y

You will have access as OW Sapphire, it's this lounge.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17427861-post35.html
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: AB Gold, LH FTL, ST ElitePlus, HH Gold, LeClub Plat, Melia Gold
All right, thanks! I guess they haven't updated their website since the transfer to the new airport...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:11 am

Programs: AB Gold, LH FTL, ST ElitePlus, HH Gold, LeClub Plat, Melia Gold
Just a short follow-up: yes indeed I did get access, even though the staff was puzzled about whether or not Airberlin was oneworld
Lounge was almost empty, and couches comfy
The trip in the 28" seat pitch Iberia express seat brought me back to the harsh reality of airtravel with IB!
Old Mar 31, 2013, 9:26 pm

Does "on the day" in the access rules require your next leg be in a premium cabin?

I am flying BCN-MAD-LHR on IB. First leg is in coach. Second leg in business. I have no OW status to speak of. (Ruby only.) Can I use the lounge in BCN or only in MAD?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by lkar
Does "on the day" in the access rules require your next leg be in a premium cabin?

I am flying BCN-MAD-LHR on IB. First leg is in coach. Second leg in business. I have no OW status to speak of. (Ruby only.) Can I use the lounge in BCN or only in MAD?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20514188-post119.html
Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:07 am

Thanks much. I saw that, but am still a bit confused. I think just looking at OW COS rules, I'm out of luck, at least by negative inference. The Iberia access rules are a little less clear, and mention having business class "on the day," which was giving me some hope. I guess I'll just try. The worst that can happen is they say no.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:30 am

OneWorld rules, under their current wording, seem to focus on 'long haul' (i.e. over 5 hours). Sorry, I'd forgotten that said that currently.

BA certainly apply the policy to shorthaul business as well. So if you are connecting from Club Europe you are fine, or are about to depart and will connect onto shorthaul business same day when you arrive.

Assuming all flights are operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Iberia Regional (Air Nostrum), personally, by BA 'conditioning' I would myself have expected to get access in that situation.

If you look at:
https://www.iberia.com/vip-lounges/access/

It doesn't actually say that the boarding pass for a Business Class passenger has to be the one they are about to use form that airport, just 'that day':
Boarding card valid on the day for an Iberia or Iberia Regional Air Nostrum flight
So I think you might be. Where are you reading/seeing otherwise?

I really wish IB/IAG would put more effort into the IB website, it is so full of messy and clumsy worded stuff.

Last edited by David-A; Apr 1, 2013 at 11:36 am
Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by David-A
So I think you might be. Where are you reading/seeing otherwise?
Yes, thanks -- that's what I was looking at. I agree "on the day" at least gives me a shot, but was thinking maybe it's a translation issue and really means impending departure. Thanks for the info about BA. That's promising.

It's really not a huge deal, but we're likely to have a decent amount of time in BCN because we're coming off a cruise -- one of those situations where it's not enough time to do anything substantial but just enough to make it a fairly long wait at the airport. The worst that can happen is they say no. I'll report back.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:16 pm

The same lounge at BCN is a PriortyPass / paid lounge, if you have a PP card (and one that won't charge you 'per visit').

I've never spent long enough in it to form an opinion on whether it would ever be worth actually paying for.

If you are checking in, I'd ask at checkin 'do we need a lounge invite card, etc?', if they say yes to access that helps, lounge can phone through to checkin to confirm if need be, if they say no to access, then you can try again at the lounge.
They do recognise status cards at the lounge quite accuratly despite being contract. So they just might know the connecting rules....
Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by David-A
The same lounge at BCN is a PriortyPass / paid lounge, if you have a PP card (and one that won't charge you 'per visit').
Oh jeez -- I didn't even think to check that. Yes, we have PP. Problem solved! Thanks very much for the advice.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'll be doing a bit of flyingin Spain later this year. I am an AA EXP which is OW Emerald. Will I have access to their lounges in Barcelona and Seville if I am traveling in coach? I believe these are AENA lounges. Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Originally Posted by FAA1996
I'll be doing a bit of flyingin Spain later this year. I am an AA EXP which is OW Emerald. Will I have access to their lounges in Barcelona and Seville if I am traveling in coach? I believe these are AENA lounges. Thanks.
Yes you will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.