Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia lounges and access general information thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia lounges and access general information thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by bendachentaiwan
Dear Mr. Chen

We are pleased to inform you that you can use de VIP lounge when:

- You are Business passenger from IBERIA or Air Nostrum
- You have a gold card from IBERIA, VUELING or AIR NOSTRUM
- You have a platinum card from IBERIA, you can use de VIP lounge when fly with all companies and you can invite a second passenger.

[/url]
This is rubbish. As an Emerald you can use the Iberia lounges and admit a guest.

I cannot actually understand your itinerary as you mention MXP, MAD, ALC and HKG.

If flying out of Madrid T4, then you will use the Dali Lounge. If flying domestic from T4S (Gate M) then you will use the Goya lounge. If flying international longhaul from T4S then you will use the Valaquez lounge.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: EK IB QF
Originally Posted by globalste
This is rubbish. As an Emerald you can use the Iberia lounges and admit a guest.

I cannot actually understand your itinerary as you mention MXP, MAD, ALC and HKG.

If flying out of Madrid T4, then you will use the Dali Lounge. If flying domestic from T4S (Gate M) then you will use the Goya lounge. If flying international longhaul from T4S then you will use the Valaquez lounge.
I'm not so sure about the ALC lounge... I believe it is a contract lounge so they don't take OW elites (other than Iberia's) into consideration. My guess is that the OP may use the ALC lounge only when travelling in Business Class.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat
Hi there, long time lurker. Thought I could share my experiences on this.

I have always been able to use the ALC lounge as Emerald/Sapphire (BA) plus guest.
It doesn’t matter whether the lounge is IB owned or third party run (AENA in this case). Oneworld rules still apply.

The same also applies in the case of Star Gold and AENA run airports in Spain. Tried with BD, LH and JK. Apart from ALC, TFN comes to mind.

Have not tried the ALC lounge in the new terminal yet. Will do so next week.
If rules have changed, which I don't think so, I'd let you know.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We'll look forward to the reports, and hope you have good flights.

There's a review of Madrid Terminal 4 / Terminal 4-S lounges here; the thread is listed in the sticky entitled "Guide to flying Iberia".

Originally Posted by bendachentaiwan
JDiver thanks for your reply, I did do some searches but actually does not seem too much information. Basically I will be spoilt for choice I guess. Sounds like I can grab a lunch and jump on next flight which will do me fine.Is it worth setting up a sticky rather than getting asked the same old questions. I will happily drop some notes after my trip if that helps. Be interesting to find out what that VIP/FF lounge is at Alicante as I am reliably advised there is one in the new airport. I also made sure thanks to people on here I was on Iberia planes not Vueling ones.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:37 pm

The ALC lounge is used by all alliances.
There's not a lot to eat, some tapas, croissants, chips(if you are American, crisps if you are British), peanuts, toast for breakfast.
Plenty of soft drinks but If you want something stronger than San Miguel you'll have to ask for it.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Nov 10, 2011 at 2:46 pm
Old Nov 13, 2011, 4:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Cathay - Diamond
Thanks for the info I will also let you guys know what happens. I am flying ALC MAD MXP HKG TPE with a stop over in MXP for one night. I booked economy for the Iberia flights as they are only short flights
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:23 am

Programs: LAN Pass; LH Miles & More; Delta Sky Miles
Guest at MAD T4/T4s lounge

Good morning everybody, I'm brand new at the forum. On December 7th I will layover for 3 hours at MAD t4/t4s 21:00 app. and I would kindly request if there will be a forum member who could guest me at the lounge.

Thanks a lot
aerocris
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by aerocris
Good morning everybody, I'm brand new at the forum. On December 7th I will layover for 3 hours at MAD t4/t4s 21:00 app. and I would kindly request if there will be a forum member who could guest me at the lounge.

Thanks a lot
aerocris
Please use this link http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...on-thread.html
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Cathay - Diamond
No problem using the lounge with a Cathay Diamond card. IT was very pleasant to relax actually with only about 6 people in there. Front desk were very nice unlike the miserable people who work at check in. The attitude was awful at check in with no control over letting people walk to the front of the business class check in lines.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: AA-GLD; DL-Silver
MAD Lounge Access - Arrival

Hi Guys,

Booked on IB via codeshare w/AA, JFK-MAD r/t. Also, booked a separate award travel IB intra-europe itinerary departing same day of MAD arrival. I have a 5 hour layover at MAD and was hoping for access to the Lounge there.

I am AA PLT/OW Sapphire - will they let me use the lounge??

Thanks,

Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Yes, they will let you use the lounge, based simply on the fact that you are a OW Sapphire departing on a OW flight that is not part of a solely-North-America itinerary. Your TATL flight has nothing to do with your lounge entitlement; even if you were only flying the IB intra-Europe segment, you would have access.

Do be sure to carry your AA Plat card. Have a great trip!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by malcolmkettering

...Don't despair, Sala Dalí is overall pretty great with nice open-to-the-ceiling atmosphere, nice showers, tarmac views, good food during meal times, nice wine, etc.
I certainly agree with that! And I've been to all of them fairly recently. Not a single one has wifi, except the general airport paid wifi. I do have a travel modem I set up sometimes, but the staff tend to pull it out, so I have to sit facing the thing.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Does Iberia have an arrivals lounge for pax coming in from Chicago? Are there showers and breakfast in the lounge?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
Originally Posted by susiesan
Does Iberia have an arrivals lounge for pax coming in from Chicago? Are there showers and breakfast in the lounge?
No, Iberia does not have an arrivals lounge. Iberia has lounges for departing
passengers so any lounge access after arrival requires an onward boarding pass for the same terminal-there is no specific "arrivals lounge" for Business Class passengers like BA and AA have at Heathrow. I encountered this recently when I arrived with Iberia in Business and as a OneWorld Sapphire and was departing on a non-OW airline from another terminal. Since I had no same terminal boarding pass to pass through transiting passenger re-screening, there was no way for me to access the Iberia lounges. Seems like arrival lounges only exist in the most competitive of long haul markets as they are a great expense which is not utilized by most premium customers-most prefer to leave the airport and head to their hotel or other city destination rather than take time to refresh in an airport lounge first.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat
If you are not connecting at T4 and therefore cannot use the showers in the departure lounges (as a result of OW status or inbound OW Business flight) your inbound Long Haul Business Iberia flight gives you access to the Beauty SPA (landside) for showers.

Haven’t used them myself, but I think the arrangement is still in place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.