Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia - strike, no service on the plane. Worth writing letters?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Anyway. WE got stuck on Iberia flight on Oct. 26th and had no food, drinks served the whole time. It wasn't $184.00 ticket deal ... It was award travel thru AA. Now, is it worth writing letter to Iberia and ask for bonus or noy? Or should we write to AA? From what I can tell Iberia is not the nicest bunch and will blow you off... So should I?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Send notes to both IB and AA telling you were unhappy with their service. I can bet my money IB will respond with something like: "sorry and f*** off now", AA might be a bit more considerate.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Was this in J? Then, Iberia might offer you some miles in their program (Iberia Plus). I heavily complained to them after my flight and they called me a few days later, very nice lady taking detailed notes of everything that had been wrong on my two flights. So, I think it is worth a try.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Thanks. Ill give it a try.
Things were bad. No food, no drinks the whole way. I dont like to ..... about things but this was the worst.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:24 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
and had no food, drinks served the whole time.
Well, one could say that this is the way it nowadays is with Iberia. Intra-European, that is, all BOB service.

But I think you are referring to a transatlantic flight, potentially in business class, so do complain, both to AA and IB.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXPL
Everything is possible with IB, but I find difficult to believe they left business (even coach) passengers with no food or drinks on a transatlantic flight. Considering that IB is a European company, they are required BY LAW, to provide certain services in flights over certain time (I think it is 4 hours, but not 100% sure). If you were traveling coach or business transatlantic, complaint to IB or AA. If neither of them respond to your demands, you can write to the EU. They failed to provide the services agreed on the contract.

If you were flying within Spain or close Europe on coach, then the lack of food and drinks is just their standard service (business would be different).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.