Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just fruit would be a downgraded Prive amenity.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:54 am

Spoke to club lounge and they noted that this is the new Prive benefit... Seems odd but not sure if the person is just misinformed?
Old May 20, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by britinva79
Spoke to club lounge and they noted that this is the new Prive benefit... Seems odd but not sure if the person is just misinformed?
Wouldn’t be surprised to see them downgrading Prive... I cant see how a) paying TA commissions and b) forcing the properties to provide these benefits is much of a money maker... and/or popular with the franchises and owners.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Prive rates are essentially standard (aka best available) rates. Often there are significantly lower AAA etc. rates offered for the same dates. In fact, when I've done the comparison, taking the AAA etc. rate is better for me the majority of the time.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Prive rates are essentially standard (aka best available) rates. Often there are significantly lower AAA etc. rates offered for the same dates. In fact, when I've done the comparison, taking the AAA etc. rate is better for me the majority of the time.
Member rate is sometimes much lower than standard, though. And membership is free, so... standard is really not best available. It's just there to get you to become a member.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:03 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I wish they offered better gin in the lounge. That Gordon's is piss water. The F&B in general at the lounge is very… "eh." That said, still quite happy with the overall value of this hotel. At $130/night it's a nobrainer
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by helvetic
I wish they offered better gin in the lounge. That Gordon's is piss water. The F&B in general at the lounge is very… "eh." That said, still quite happy with the overall value of this hotel. At $130/night it's a nobrainer
Where and when do you find this property for $130 a night (1,010 HKD)?

The rates here used to be a lot lower ~ 1,200 HKD but nowadays it's more like 1,500 HKD or higher.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Where and when do you find this property for $130 a night (1,010 HKD)?

The rates here used to be a lot lower ~ 1,200 HKD but nowadays it's more like 1,500 HKD or higher.
On my corp rate + with Citi's 4th night free with a 4 night booking, the total after tax came to <1000hkd. Insane deal IMO
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
On my corp rate + with Citi's 4th night free with a 4 night booking, the total after tax came to <1000hkd. Insane deal IMO
True. But that's not a publicly available rate as there are plenty of hoops to jump through.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Originally Posted by britinva79
I stayed at this property last September on the Privé rate. I booked a standard King and was upgraded to a harbor view room. My room had a fruit plate but I also did not receive a bottle of wine. It was my first booking with the Privé rate so I had no reference point for my expectations at this property.

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Singapore a couple months ago with the Privé rate and there I did get a fruit plate and a bottle of wine.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:57 am

Stayed here earlier this month. Used a TSU and was upgraded to a Regency Suite. The suite was (relatively) small but came with a nice view. Welcome amenities included a plate of fruits and a bottle of wine.

The hotel location was excellent. It was my second time staying at this property and I would definitely return.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I just checked our a few days ago with my family. Used a suite upgrade on a points and got a connecting room. We had just come from the GH Beijing and got 2 suites, so the rooms at the TST felt small, but still great.

I did not get any welcome amenity, but the lounge staff was amazing and always addressed me by name whenever they saw me. Location was great and we had a wonderful time exploring Kowloon for the first time.

The humidity though....it’s horrendous. We’re wrapping up 3 nights at the Canopy Chengdu and the weather is amazing compared to HK.

Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Chukiechz
I just checked our a few days ago with my family. Used a suite upgrade on a points and got a connecting room. We had just come from the GH Beijing and got 2 suites, so the rooms at the TST felt small, but still great.

I did not get any welcome amenity, but the lounge staff was amazing and always addressed me by name whenever they saw me. Location was great and we had a wonderful time exploring Kowloon for the first time.

The humidity though....it’s horrendous. We’re wrapping up 3 nights at the Canopy Chengdu and the weather is amazing compared to HK.

Welcome to HK. Best city in the world, worst weather in the world. Still the best city nonetheless, despite the sticky weather.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to HK. Best city in the world, worst weather in the world. Still the best city nonetheless, despite the sticky weather.
Am I the only one who finds it overrated? Out of all the places I've been in Asia (admittedly, there are a lot of places I still haven't been) it's my least favorite. I will take Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, or Bangkok (yup, those are the only places I've been...) over Hong Kong any day.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Am I the only one who finds it overrated? Out of all the places I've been in Asia (admittedly, there are a lot of places I still haven't been) it's my least favorite. I will take Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, or Bangkok (yup, those are the only places I've been...) over Hong Kong any day.
All of those are absolutely fantastic cities too. HK is basically the NYC of Asia, it's crowded, it's packed, it's raw, it's world-class and international, it has fantastic food, drink, and culture to offer from around the world. The nature, cityscapes, and skyline are gorgeous. It's a comfortable place for Westerners to live, which as much as I love Seoul and Tokyo (probably my second favorite city in the world), you can't quite say about them. Bangkok is my favorite city in Southeast Asia, but the weather can be even more brutal than HK, and it can get a bit crazy at times with traffic, scams, and seediness everywhere. Still nonetheless a great city and very easily accessible to the english-speaker. And Taipei… love it too, though having been many times I do find it a bit boring. Don't get me wrong, there's great sights, nature, the food is fantastic and people are nice… but… there's not a ton going on.
luvFclass likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.